Does anyone know a forum for HP printers

jimwejimwe

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Does anyone know a Forum for HP printers? I know this Forum is mostly for Canon, but I also have an HpP K550 that has some paper feed issues. I am wondering if there are any work arounds. Or does the new HP K5400 deal with this problem? Has anyone tried the auto reset chip in the HP K5400? Do they work?

MarcellaL

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I know a very good one which has a large range of printers:
Here is the page for HP Printer Support
They also have free live chat support!

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
If it's any help I've got the K550 and recently persuaded a school I provide tech support to, to get one of the new L7780 (MFD) units which also uses the HP88 cartridge.

At the moment I'm waiting on new ink before I can try it all out but my sources seem to think that the K5400 and L7000 series printers will take the same auto-reset chips as the K550.. I'll confirm soon though hopefully.

As to the paper feed issue that's a common one with HP inkjets.. The suggested approaches seems to be to:
- find a better quality paper (some just don't work well with the feed system)
- fan apart your paper before putting it into the trays (ie: get some air between each sheet)
- look at cleaning your rollers to remove any residue
- avoid overfilling the paper trays and try to keep them from running out completely.

Hope that helps a little.

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
It used to be more 'general' around here but since Canons seem to be the best bet for the average refiller, I'm starting to think that creating a 'Non-Canon questions' board would make things easier for those of us with other brands.