Does anyone get the new aftermarket cart to work in the Canon ip 4300

mayersr

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I have bought 2 sets of ink for my Canon ip 4300 that has the after market chip on it and the printer just won't use them. Both Vendors said they would work. I got them from Inkgrabber.com and Re-Ink-ing/Atlantic Inkjet
Now I have a new printer that won't work. I guess I will have to buy the Canon ink but I really don't want to.:(

canonfodder

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I don't believe Inkgrabber.com sells an aftermarket cartridge for the iP4300 with an aftermarket chip on it.
Inkgrabber.com does sell a cartridge which requires you to transfer the chip from an OEM cartridge to the purchased cartridge.

If you believe you bought cartridges from Inkgrabber.com with aftermarket chips on the cartridges, please send us the address of the page or pages where you see them at Inkgrabber.com.

Atlantic Inkjet does sell recycled Canon cartridges for the iP4300. These cartridges have been refilled with ink and have had the OEM chips on them reset. If you got the correct cartridges and you put them in the correct slots on your printer and they won't work, you should contact Atlantic and seek their help.

By the way, did you buy the cartridges directly from the two companies, or did you buy them in some other way?

Pistos

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Here's my experience with our shiny new Canon resetter:
It will use any new generation Canon printer to reset the chips via a modified cartridge which is connected to the resetter. The documentation that comes with this resetter says that new Canon printers (i.e. ip4300) communicate with the chip differently and will still work but not as well. We obtained an ip4200 to use in resetting our chips and it works very well...most times.

You can tell when a cartridge has been reset because the led light goes on solid.

To test, we reset a set for each of our 2 - ip3300 printers and 1 set for our ip4300. The cartridges for the ip3300 printers worked fine - the printers treated them just like new cartridges right up to the point where they began to run low on ink. Perfect! With my ip4300 when I put the set in all lights were solid. I closed the cover to park the printhead then later I reopened the cover to check and 2 of the 5 cartridges (#8cyan & #5black) are blinking...odd. I reset those 2 again and again after the printer cycled they ended up blinking. I reset them once more and put them into the ip3300 - it took them quite happily, as did the ip4200. The only printer that had a problem with those 2 cartridges in question was my ip4300! It seemed like when the printer cycled it wrote back to the chips that those 2 cartridges were empty - to test this I reset them again, dropped them into my ip4300, let it cycle, took them out, and put them into our ip3300 - sure enough, the printer recognized them as empty.
I then took a different pair of #5 Black and #8 Cyan and reset them - this time my ip4300 accepted them and their lights remain on two days later.

Curious...

Here's some hypotheses that I've made based on my (limited) experience with our new chip resetter:

- Previous generations of Canon printers read and wrote to the chip in a certain way but the ip4300 and onward interact with the chip differently. (The documentation that came with our resetter said as much)
- Reset chips may not always be reset perfectly and/or the chips on older/used cartridges may become damaged (we have had a significant number of Canon OEM cartridges come back because the chips failed prematurely)
- Newer generation Canon printers because they read/write the chips differently are more sensitive towards imperfections
- Companies that test their remanufactured cartridges on older Canon printers may inadvertently be introducing a certain percentage of cartridges with imperfections into the marketplace
- It's possible that some chip resetters may alter the chip in a way that is simply not compatible with newer printers such as the ip4300. I find it hard to imagine that with a company such as Atlantic Inkjet wouldn't yet be aware of such a problem but it is possible.

I'd love to hear feedback and I would be willing to perform any reasonable experiments - As a small remanufacturer it is of course in my best interest to figure this out.

Jeff Hipson
Paper Trail Office Pro

spakkker

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi the cli-8 cartridges are easy to refill -I got a lot of nag messages and eventually the option to disable ink-monitoring on my ip5300

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I have resold many of the the compatibles from Atlantic in my business, and have had NO problems with any not working or being returned to me.
I think the problem might be with the printer. If you are unsure and are still having problems, contact the company, and ask for Richard, the owner. He is very helpful and knowledgeable.