Does any CANON PRO-10 owner who does not refill.....

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
Does any current CANON PRO-10 owner who does not refill have any empties they would be willing to sell me?

As you may have guessed, I am receiving a new PRO-10 next week and thus will begin a new oportunity to test and produce lots of content where hardly any currently exists.

I currently have about 300+ "empty" PRO-1 carts which still have about 6-9 ml of ink still in each one. So my first attempt at refilling will be with OEM inks harvested from these carts. As far as I know the inkset is identical except for the two extra grays?

So that should be one way to make some use of these PRO-1 Carts I've accumulated with the hope that Redseter would have produced a resetter for it. But that will likely never happen.
Anyway if any of you do happen to have some empty PGI-72 carts you can sell me please let me know.

Regards
Joe

rodbam

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 9000 mk2 & Pro 9500
It will be interesting to see how the Pro10 compares to the old Pro9500. Good luck with the Pro10 Jose.

jtoolman

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
All of them! LOL
It really blows the PRO9500 MKII away. Color accuracy and no more Gloss and Bronzing problems!
Joe

Photo Pete

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pixma Pro10
Hi Joe

I've been using the Pro10 with Precision Colors inks for a while now.

Slightly less glossy than OEM generally, but not anything I'd really worry about
Red is noticeably less saturated.
Gloss black exhibits gloss differential. I'm now using the OEM PK black instead of PC PK black and that seems to work OK, although still some minor gloss differential in very dark blue areas.

Gamut seems OK when profiled, but needs some careful profiling in the darker tones to ensure smooth greyscale transitions.

I'm pretty happy with the setup (with OEM PK black) for most purposes. High gloss output is a slight step backwards from the full OEM set. My biggest concern is the red saturation... and I may still swap to using OEM red as well as the OEM PK black.