Disney Camera

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I do use Eneloop hybrids hence my "only" 2000 mah capacity. It works fine after sitting. But for my DSLR which is a Pentax K-x I use regulars which are higher capacity 2200 mah and a 15 minute charger. That way I can snap thousands of pics and always have a fresh set available without lugging tons of batteries on every trip. I just bring the charger, it works on wall power and car power. Although I do admit I have about 80 nimh rechargeable batteries I bought in bulk but they power everything I own.

As for the SD-SDHC compatibility you'll be surprised to know there is now a newer standard SDXC. Even higher capacity I currently run a 32 gb card on my cameras. That way I can record all the HD movies and snap the highest quality pics plus RAW if I want to and never run out of room. I'm saving up for a 64 gb card right now. It's funny I remember a few years back my friend was going overseas for a few months and all my friends got together to loan all our available memory cards so he could take lots of pics. These were the days of 32 mb, I think in total from all of us he had a whopping 500 mb of storage divided out among 8-10 cards. Ironic because the smallest cards usually available on the shelf are 2gb cards.

Redbrickman

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150
If SDHC cards are better value just buy some 4gb's and a cheap usb card reader that will accept them and the new XDHC standard.

As for capacity, I too use a D90 but have settled on 4 gb cards unless I intend to shoot video. It may seem like a hassle to change them but I regard it more as insurance. I swap them out regularly on a long shoot (holiday, wedding etc.) so that if one does go pear shaped them you have not lost all your photos.

I had an 8gb go bad on a single days shooting and was left with no pictures, and no way to ever take the same shots again.

lolopr1

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 4800,R3000 & 9600
Redbrickman said:
I had an 8gb go bad on a single days shooting and was left with no pictures, and no way to ever take the same shots again.
Thats where Twin Card Slots come in handy...I think the extra money you put out on one of these cameras it's well worth it specially if you are shooting an event that you are getting paid to do and can not be recreated "like a wedding"

dcmprshn

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thank You for the input..budget is 300...going to have another look at that lumix. Was thinking of the pentax w90 tuff type camera...but not sure of that one.

dcmprshn

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Hello all bought a lumix zs7...it was the camera she liked most of all. Seems fairly fast and a decent enough picture...My own camera is still a Fuji s602 from 2002 or so. Love that camera.
Thanks for the input

dcmprshn

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Thanks all got the Panasonic zs7. Did a great job in Disney( just got back) Now it is time to sort and print all the pictures