Dirt Cheap 8.5 x 11 Ink Jet Photo Paper. Anyone want to post a link?

artprint1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I need some dirt cheap 8.5 x 11 glossy.

Don't care about quality. But it does have to be "glossy photo paper"

http://www.coastalbusiness.com/specialty-8-5-x-11-photo-paper-2.aspx

this website has 1000 pieces for $100 bucks (the second item on that page)

So that's about a dime per page.

I've bought from them a couple times. The stuff isn't great. but it's not bad. It's very thin. But perfect for what I need. (Basically just printing lots of cheap photos and gluing them to cardboard)

Anyone ever found a lower price?

Thanks!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
If you are located where there is a Costco store and you or a friend are members, their Kirkland Glossy photo paper is $19 or $20 for 150 sheets. Slightly more expensive - about two cents a sheet more - and good weight and very decent quality. It is a known product that I would go for instead of spending$104 for an unknown quality item. On that web site, if you would have to pay the regular price, the Costco paper is actually a fraction cheaper. In addition, you don't have to buy 1000 sheets at a time.

I've used this paper and others that are lighter. With a spray adhesive the heavier paper is much easier to handle when gluing it to a display board. The 3M spray adhesive is very close in use to a contact cement and the thinner paper is much harder to align and cement without a bubble or crease. To me it is worth the extra two cents per sheet.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Can't you order the Kirkland paper from Costco's website without being a member for a slight upcharge like non-members must pay in-store?

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
stratman said:
Can't you order the Kirkland paper from Costco's website without being a member for a slight upcharge like non-members must pay in-store?
When I bought my Canon Pro 9000MkII I looked on the Costco website and found that they had large format Kirkland Glossy photo paoer. I checked out the shipping charges and found that the total cost was much higher than I would expect. It is still worth checking out for the 8.5x11 paper. Artprint1 was looking for really cheap glossy photo paper, and I'm not sure that a non-member Costco price plus the shipping would beat what he can already buy from the company whose link he posted.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
artprint1
I need some dirt cheap 8.5 x 11 glossy.

Don't care about quality. But it does have to be "glossy photo paper"
Sorry artprint1 but I reckon your being robbed or misguided by their price of 1000.

In your own words the stuff isnt great but yet youre willing to get 1000 sheets of it just to save 79 cent a pack.

Its certainly good value for 100 sheets I give you that, but their discount for a 1000 is not,
save your money and just buy it one pack at a time as you need it that would make more sense..

rockey

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I think you should give Amazon a look because they sell cheap after-market inks...Ebay also has it but i am not sure about the price

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
rockey said:
I think you should give Amazon a look because they sell cheap after-market inks...Ebay also has it but i am not sure about the price
Artprint1 is looking for photo glossy paper and not inks ?

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
I like Red River for printing affordable and quality, but if you really want to be super cheap, Staples puts the HP 8.5 x 11 Everyday photo paper on sale for $1 after Easy Rebate quite often. I've never failed to get a Staples rebate, it's the only store I'll buy from (anything with a mail-in rebate I simply won't buy). If the ad says "in the form of a Staples Gift Card" you can still change it to a check 90% of the time. These days you can also get it back with PayPal (ick). You are usually limited to 2 50 packs.

I buy it every time it's on sale so I have plenty of cheap paper for quick proofs of graphic (not photo) work, temporary signs, etc. The other common rebate sales are the Staples Photo Plus Matte 8.5 x 11 and Staples Photo Plus Glossy 4 x 6 are good enough for professional results. Sometimes the 4 x 6 is Kodak, Staples mid-level blue boxed paper, or HP Everyday but they almost never have a rebate on any other 8.5 x 11 papers.