Difference of photos between Canon Pro9000 and Epson R2880

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Tin Ho said:
We have decided to get 1 liter of ink for each of the 9 colors for the R2880.
Do you need to consider unequal ink usage, ie one or more ink colors are more heavily used even with the variety of subject matter photographed, like the "light" color inks or one of the blacks being preferentially used? It might be the rate of certain cartridges will be proportionally greater, hence a need to have more of those colors, to match the use of the rest of the ink you purchase. Of course certain inks will be used preferentially due to the composition of what's printed, but it I'm wondering about Epson planned heavier use of certain inks regardless of composition in general. You may want to augment your purchase to compensate.

Tin Ho

Print Addict
Reaction score
Good suggestion stratman. I have not thought of that at all. It has been suggested that 1 liter of ink for each of the 9 colors is already too much. I just did not think of uneven use of different colors of inks. I will try to see if I can find any sign of excessive consumption of certain colors of ink perhaps hidden inside Epson firmware of the printer. I have heard that light color inks and light blacks tend to run faster.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I hope some other members have the Epson R2880 and can give you their experiences on ink usage. If you remember, please post your experience with the photography outing. It sounds like it will be fantastic fun!