desperately looking for 2 types of paper and a tech issue (Mac)

panathon

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Surecolor P400
Hi everyone, new on here, my name is Arienne - don't know where else to look for advice as I have web trawled for this for days, so maybe someone has expertise on here. I have an epson Surecolor P400. I have a print job which requires a 300gsm/320gsm cream card - double sided with a silk/satin type finish. I can't find this paper anywhere, I can only find matte finishes double sided or one-sided silk papers. Time is not on my side. (stressed!!!:() The tech issue I have is whilst the printer supports double-sided printing, this option is greyed out for me. I am on a MacBook Pro Sierra and I have looked at the printer in system preferences and have no idea why this option is just greyed out. It is a fresh install, I only have the printer 2 weeks.

The last issue is not urgent but I may as well throw it in as the paper forum hasn't been active in months, I wonder if anyone can recommend a double sided coated white 120gsm to 150gsm paper?

Ink stained Fingers

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
L805, WF2010, ET8550
It's not clear where you are located, so shipping may be a problem, but here is one you are probably looking for

https://www.sihl-direct.de/Produkte...re/Masterclass-Lustre-Photo-Pape-Duo-330.html - Lustre double sided in some formats

Double sided printing is most likely limited to normal paper A4 size, you would need to do double sided printing in a virtual mode by software - e.g. with the Acrocat reader first printing all odd sides and then all even sides

Tecco is offering some off-standard book size formats as double sided semiglossy papers
https://www.optimum-direkt.de/tecco_book_nachf_llpackungen.html

Last edited:

Andreas S

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson Pro 3800, Epson 1400
Hello Arienne,
In concern of double sided printing, this feature is "Windows only". Any way, even with the Window driver it still is a "fake" double sided printig as you have to feed the paper two times. All you have to do is to give attention the way you turns the paper before printing the backside. As this is an inkjet printer keep in mind that the top have to be in the same place.
Andreas