deals on canon paper?

virginia

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
My new i960 should be arriving in a day or two, and I thought I'd use with canon papers for a while for simplicity sake...anyone know of any good deals, special offers on the matte, plus or pro? How do you guys like the canon papers?

Tysonic

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The pricing here isn't too bad:
http://tinyurl.com/6au3l

I initially used Canon Paper as well, the pro is very good. But I tried some other papers and settled on Red River Polar Gloss/Satin:
http://tinyurl.com/6wq8u

The best paper pricewise is at Costco, namely the Kirkland gloss paper at $18 per 125 sheets. This is Ilford Smooth gloss paper but at a different thickness (260gsm vs 280gsm).

Ilford info can be found here:
www.ilford.com

Tyson Schettig

wrbjr

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Virginia, how do you like that 960? I got mine a couple of weeks ago. Awesome!

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
I did a side-by-side comparison with my I960 and Canon pro, Epson glossy, and Kirkland glossy photo paper. All produced excellent results. The Epson glossy has a slightly pebbled surface and is lighter in weight. Although the back has a lightly printed epson logo with a diagonal repeat, it almost doesn't show and this paper can be printed on both sides. I have used it for greeting cards and custom printed post cards. The Kirkland paper, in my estimation, is every bit as good as the Canon pro paper. I actually liked the Kirkland paper a little better as the Canon paper produced a more color saturated print. I don't know what the relative longevity of the prints will be on this paper, but Illford is certainly a good brand. I initially used OEM inks and now refill with MIS inks. Simple and the colors are so close I can't tell the difference.