Cyan Printing Red

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
I have a Canon Pro 1000, and midway through my prints, I noticed the colour was off, usually, this will be due to a blocked nozzle. I did a nozzle check and the Cyan was completely gone, done a deep clean and the Cyan is now printing out on the check Red.

I have done a System clean and the issue is still there, looked at the printhead and the nozzle is Cyan? So confused!

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
20200506_182725.jpg

I have now tried 2 printheads and 2 printers and both are now producing the same results.

I've never been so stumped in my life

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
So let’s get this correct, you have two Pro 1000 producing exactly the same printouts, and you have put in new print heads in one/both and ran a system clean.. with no change..

I reckon you should contact Canon because after a system clean everything should have come back to normal, unless the printer is not seating level and the red is leaking/pouring in on top of the cyan ink.. Ink tanks cannot be misplaced with the Pro 1000 so you can rule that out..

Print 10 of this test sheet and see if the colours return to normal or at least change from 1 to 10..

test print.jpg

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
It looked like I was getting the Cyan back when I installed a brand new printhead. Lines were missing so I did a couple of cleans, for it to still have lines. Done a system clean, which unblocked the nozzle but printed out red/brown again.

I am now getting purple instead of red? I phoned Canon, but it's unfortunately an overseas office, and I don't think they really had a clue what I was on about, just wanted me to do a nozzle check, then finished with I don't know what's wrong - goodbye!

craig carr

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1000
I am getting Cyan on another test sheet?

Attachments

• printout1.jpg
    printout1.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 224
  • printout2.jpg
    printout2.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 211

Latest posts