Confusion over owning a Canon printer ?...

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
PeterBJ is one of the nicest and helpful persons you will meet.

If you were as knowledgeable as you think you are then you would know how this page count could be manipulated and why it was a valid topic to ask about.

Your contempt for many things has been received loud and clear.

We have welcomed you into this forum. Stop abusing our generosity and sincerity. Join us, not snipe at us.
This is not personal...and people are nice and helpful :thumbsup

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
leave it for 8-10 months before making some Christmas cards...the year after....and then you move to a new apartment......and 2 years later you print 20-30photos from your summer vacation........which resulted in pregnancy and the printer was put away in a closet for the next 4 years......
This additional information you finally shared is important to better understanding your current complaint. This would classify as a misuse of a Canon printer that can lead to print head / printer failure. Stating this from the outset would have saved time and effort.

The age of the printer - 7 yrs - even if mostly inactive can be a factor for deleterious effects on the components of the printer which can lead to breakdowns.

The good is you had a printer that went 7 years without problems. The bad is you wasted the life of the printer by not using it.

How the printer was stored and in what environmental conditions may alter results. As always, YMMV.

Flageborg

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000
I got my MG5550 few weeks ago via an advertisement online and the female seller stated:
"The cartridges are dry, so the printer does not work optimally. The scanner, on the other hand, works well!"
Price was USD$ 20 (twenty) and included a small amount of photopaper. The Photopaper alone was worth more than the printer so I took a chance and bought "the package". I was surprised when Nozzle Check revealed the low mileage....
Most people are buying inkjet printers in the pricerange below USD$ 100 and when they realize a new set of inks can cost a LOT of money it is easier to consider a brand new model which is more advanced and faster....quite normal human behaviour.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Initial post:
You go to the store and buy a new printer.
I was surprised when Nozzle Check revealed the low mileage.....

Subsequent post:
I got my MG5550 few weeks ago via an advertisement online and the female seller stated:
"The cartridges are dry, so the printer does not work optimally.

So you did not buy the printer new as one might conclude from your first post. The printer was used, misused and had a problem when you bought it from the original owner.

Regardless, you have overtaken the OP's thread. The Moderator should move your posts to a new thread.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
egardless, you have overtaken the OP's thread. The Moderator should move your posts to a new thread.
Done..
There’s so much not been said in this thread which makes it most confusing and hard to follow…