Computer designed for Photoprocessing?

3dogs

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 3880. Canon Pro 9000,
Hang on a minute, because I found the complete opposite in my dealing with Alibaba and they do offer a 100% guarantee that you won’t get ripped off.

As for Emails coming in from companies in China are concerned well if you don’t read and uncheck the boxes when visiting these sites ! but you can get them from anywhere, an easy mistake to make. (Just like Amazon)

Nearly everything you buy these days comes out of China and it usually does what it says on the pack, I’ve not had a problem with their quality, it’s what happens to the stuff that’s rejected is a bigger concern.

Chinese companies have become aware of the extra duty/taxes that some countries are charging so a lot of them are now shipping through Singapore by post instead of Couriers to avoid the extra costs to their customers.. :)
I used PayPal and followed through them. Octojet were still arguing on the day Pp refunded 100%
They claimed DHL would not ship without a contact. I called DHL int. Who said give ANY number....still no shipment.
Finally got brassed off and eMailed them with a phone number and suggested that they inform the local DHL office that the contact number I provided was my direct number ex directory as Chief Advisor to the Emporor of Australia.
Didnt work sadly, cant think why...........
We have had a serious number if fatal and near fatal accidents due to faulty electronics, chargers, ear buds, all manner of goods not certified as safe by our regulators. Just too many to be chance, we were also getting tv warnings, big chains withdrawing stuff.........not at all funny.
Not saying mainstream Chinese via reputable importers are the problem, its the home based importers like us buying on line that are getting stung by this

Its Alibaba companies I have never contacted, or connected to their sites that are emailing me, deleted 56 tonight alone!!!!!!!!

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
I tried ordering 3880 chip resetter from China, seller would not ship without home and mobile numbers. Got to them via Alibaba........big mistake, my email is overflowing with offers from all manner of companies ever since.
I refused to supply my details and ended up in a dispute/claim. Got my money back ok but they screwed around for weeks, just not worth it.
I purchase direct from sellers in the USA, 100% no problems EVER.

HOWEVER, I will only purchase computer / electrical goods onshore for the compliance certificate. MANY items out of China are straight out dangerous to use due to shoddy quality control.

Places like Alibaba i have never ordered from, my understanding is they are basically like an Ebay, another site i try to stay away from. The trouble with auction sites is for every legit decent seller with service which is superb there are another half dozen dodgy dealers selling junk and either never sending it or claiming its new when its used or completely broken. I could be missing out quite a bit as there are tiny sellers out there which are great.

As to electrical goods out of China, half the cheap stuff you buy from computer shops is straight out of china. Little cheap but useful cables etc you may see in (what i imagine you have) dollar stores, will be cheap stuff out of China with no certification. Half of it i can promise you is not certified by your country. Here in the UK we have something called a "CE" mark which is supposed to indicate its conformity (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CE_marking) the Chineses though are clever buggers and got around that by coming up with their own CE mark which looks very similar but stands for China export.... As explained here... http://siloscordoba.com/2013/07/09/china-export-is-not-ce-a-symbol-to-cause-confusion/

To be honest its common sense. If say you buy a mains adapter from china (the type of thing that charges your phone, powers your monitor etc) its normally pretty easy to tell if its junk or faulty. Either A) it wont work properly or B) the mains adapter will get scorching hot to the touch. If that happens then errrr unplug it would be the sensible thing.

Of course some people will not be comfortable buying some no-name stuff from china, you can still save money on branded stuff though. Its not all fake poor built junk as some people make out.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Your experiences buying in from China sound like horror stories and should be a warning to others to be careful when dipping their toe in China.

I never buy anything that’s not purchased through Alibaba and that in itself is the best guarantee that whatever you buy you know it’s safe to part with you money and it will meet the standards of the country it’s going to.

China did have a serious problem that was associated with poor quality but the better companies have completely changed all of that now. (Not all of them dough) !
the hat said:
it’s what happens to the stuff that’s rejected is a bigger concern.
You can buy anything from a tyre lever to a space shuttle in China and there are a lot of dodgy companies that will sell you just what you want to buy cheaply and that’s the rub, CHEAP.

If it doesn’t do what they say it will do and you’re not a happy camper then you get a complete refund and that company is then struck off their register and possibly sued later.

The next time you turn on an electrical device hand held or otherwise with a top brand name on it, you can bet it was made in China or the contents were and you’ll have paid top dollar for it and the quality is second to none.

Alibaba.com are far from been just an another EBay selling site, they are in fact the biggest online retailer on the planet by a country mile just like Amazon.com but there’re not in the halfpenny place in comparison to Alibaba.
3dogs said:
Its Alibaba companies I have never contacted, or connected to their sites that are emailing me, deleted 56 tonight alone!!!!!!!!
Check the Email carefully there should be an “unsubscribe” on the bottom of it and if not then go back to Alibaba and unsubscribe to the lot in there.

I will be expecting a loyalty payment after this endorsement… :fl :fl

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
I never buy anything that’s not purchased through Alibaba and that in itself is the best guarantee that whatever you buy you know it’s safe to part with you money and it will meet the standards of the country it’s going to
How does Alibaba ensure standards are met?

China did have has a serious problem that was associated with poor quality but the better companies have completely changed all of that now. (Not all of them dough) !
o_O Fixed. :frow

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Last two days....power on and off...off most times. Hydro transformer was down and restarts were failing all the time. Lost my Power Supply to the PC. Thank goodness it was only the PS. Got a replacement today that is made by Seasonic....branded as XFX.

CakeHole

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP610
China does get a bit of an unfair bad rep from my experience. The only stuff which is likely dangerous (IE could burst into flames, stab your small childs eyes out etc) as such is things you find on dodgy market stalls or similar. Fake goods are another matter and personally id argue you have to be dumb if you think your are getting say designer brand clothes or i-devices for less than the price of a packet of tissues.

Much of it is common sense dxextreme to return to my example often have reviews from people all over the world on many off their products and a quick google will find videos and more on many items they sell which is typically enough to tell you if it is a bargain or not.

Buying from China and cheap but perfectly functional items is not for everyone though, brand snobs definitely need not bother. Not all chinese stuff is junk Seasonic PSUs which @mikling mentions are produced in China and some of the best PSUs you can put in your PC. Just google reviews for them.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
There risk of buying from, say, Alibaba is much greater than walking into a store in the USA and buying a product even though both are Made In China. Alibaba does not monitor sales to make sure the devices sold are up to the code of the contry of destination. Retail stores in the US have additional layers of security in knowing the government is involved in safety of products sold in the country.

The example of purchasing a Seasonic PC power supply, of which they have been known to make some excellent PSU's, is far different than ordering a knockoff or cheap (in all meanings of the word) item from China off Alibaba.

Buyer beware.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
There risk of buying from, say, Alibaba is much greater than walking into a store in the USA and buying a product even though both are Made In China. Alibaba does not monitor sales to make sure the devices sold are up to the code of the contry of destination. Retail stores in the US have additional layers of security in knowing the government is involved in safety of products sold in the country.

The example of purchasing a Seasonic PC power supply, of which they have been known to make some excellent PSU's, is far different than ordering a knockoff or cheap (in all meanings of the word) item from China off Alibaba.

Buyer beware.
Again over to you Sir @stratman,

I hate having to jump to the defence of Alibaba, because you’re completely misinformed about the way that Alibaba conducts their on line business.

There are no risks in buy through Alibaba you can do that from the safety of your home computer, and if you have a complaint then that is dealt with fairly and efficiently to the customers own satisfaction.

If for instance, you choose to use ESCROW safe payment, you don’t even have to pay for your goods till you actually receive them in your hands and are completely satisfied with them, does any other on-line retailer offer that service !

Alibaba contacts every customer to see if they were treated correctly and were happy with the way the company they purchased from had dealt with them, so yes they do in a way monitor every one of their 500 million customers.

If you register with Alibaba and note you’re name, address and personal preferences then yes all companies registered with Alibaba have access to this data, as is with any other on-line retailer.

So if you decide to purchase from any one of these companies then they can factor in your shipping costs, voltage and any other regional variations applying to your country, and if you tick the right boxes you will not get any unsolicited mail from them either.

The last thing I can say is Alibaba don’t support any company that sells shoddy or knock off goods from anywhere in Asia, and finally does Amazon sell shoddy or knock off goods, I think not.

Alibaba are one of the best on-line good guys to shop with..

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
@The Hat They call you The Ali Hat!!:)