Colormunki Photo for sale

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Actually it is done in your printer driver: choose multipe pages on 1 sheet: 4 in 1 and choose accordingly your best orientation and here you go. Note: you will have to make a customized ruler to guide your Colormunki over these miniature patches in order not to scratch and damage the neigbouring patches when swiping over the page.

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
do you have to move the Colormunki much slower when using a smaller printed testchart? Can I also cut A4 sheets in two A5 and then in the printer choose A5 and enable "fit to size"?

Edit: I just tried and cut a small cardboard template for moving the Colormunki on the A5 print, it just worked fine and will save me paper in the future - Thanks for the inspiration :thumbsup

IMG_3998.jpg

Last edited:

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Lothar,

you should indeed scan slower and move the Colormunki with a much slower pace when scanning these patches. The reason is that the Colormunki takes 50 samples per second: moving too fast and it cannot pick up enough information of each miniature patch. I move with a speed of about 2-3 seconds over each row. My ruler is optizimed for even smaller patches for A6/13x18 cm papers. There is an option in ccSTudio that neutralizes BW-printing (but can produce colour profiles as well, but you can choose option: none, to print colour, but it prints 2 sheets of 50 patches instead of 1 sheet of 50 sheets after scanning the first sheet of 50 primary patches). I always use this version now, because BW in colour images is much better (better contrast, more neutral grays), but would require 3 sheets of A4 when using the normal method. I can now produce this profile on a single sheet of A4 with the option: multiple pages on 1 sheet > choose option: 4-in-1 >....
IMG_20240114_075704.jpg

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If you want to use ArgyllCMS. I have produced a very easy to read 480 patch target that produces superior targets compared to even the 50 + 2 x 50 patch method of ccStudio. I am using an aftermarket ink that does not produce the right hue of celestial blues with the standard ccStudio/Colormunki method, because this method uses an interpolation method that in most cased does a pretty good job, but some inks are not so linear and need more measuring points in between to get a good behaviour of the intermediate combination of colours. Only using this method I can get the desired celestial blues I was seeking for and also BW-printing is much better, because the patch set has 128 steps of grey included. It only uses 1 sheet of A4:
IMG_20240114_081358.jpg
IMG_20240114_081417.jpg

Last edited:

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
There is an option in ccSTudio that neutralizes BW-printing (but can produce colour profiles as well, but you can choose option: none, to print colour, but it prints 2 sheets of 50 patches instead of 1 sheet of 50 sheets after scanning the first sheet of 50 primary patches). I always use this version now, because BW in colour images is much better (better contrast, more neutral grays), but would require 3 sheets of A4 when using the normal method. I can now produce this profile on a single sheet of A4 with the option: multiple pages on 1 sheet > choose option: 4-in-1 >....
Hello Nelson,
can you please guide me to this option, where does this option appear?

one hour later:
I recognised you were speaking of ccStudio and I had i1Studio installed :he. So after installing ccStudio I made a profile printed on A6 with three test charts. I prefer to print A4->A6 over multiple printing on the same sheet.

I'm a bit confused about all those styles you can choose when storing the calculated profile. What style do you recommend? The test evaluation picture of ccStudio (with 3 testcharts) comes out a tiny bit better to my taste but can only be seen in direct comparison. Thanks for directing me to ccStudio.

best regards
Lothar

Last edited:

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
i1Studio and ccstudio are actually the same software.

none: standard colour profile > BW prints will be neutralised
BW: a colour image is converted to a neutral BW print
Sepia-tone: a colour image is converted to a sepia tone print

I always choose NONE: otherwise the image is converted to BW when printing your colour image.

Lothman

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
very strange, today I can no longer get the third test target. I found no option in ccstudio (and i1Studio) for the third test target - only the 2x50 patches method like in the past. Any ideas?

Attachments

• ccstudio2.jpg
    ccstudio2.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 31

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
1705436400625.png

you should choose in the left: B/W print to have the 50 + 2x 50 patch method (with neutralisation method). NOT the Color print method