Printer Master
Reaction score

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Interesting, I think I will download now and try it later.:)

Later: Quite a lot of familiarisation necessary before you can take advantage of the increased capabilities, but if it all works it should be a big improvement!

Thanks Martin for flagging it up, we could have easily missed it otherwise.

Last edited:

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
I'm curious to hear your findings, Emulator.
Because my first profile is unusable, probably there is something wrong in the workflow.
But I can't find any "settings", I miss the choice of icc version 2 or 4, which is an option in the standard "colormunki Photo" software.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
I have used the display profiling and it seems to be good and I have started to use the printer profiling, but nothing to report just yet.

I see Jtoolman has produced several videos:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDAm_44a7AE

Last edited:

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the link, maybe some hint can help me..
Because with the standard CM "Photo" software the profile turns out right, I've just did it with the same printer and paper. Then I tried "i1studio" for a second time, same printersettings and paper. The profiling process seems to work faultless, only with one error message to repeat measuring one stripe (second time with success). The second chart is slightly different from the second of my first try, so the software must have measured different colors...
But the resulting icc is as strange as the first one with i1studio, color printing is heavy greenish, b&w prints out deep blue... In 3d-view you see a weird shape of gamut..
I've seen such strange icc gamut some time ago, but I can't remember what was the problem nor the solution.

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
Well, here is an image using my first i1Studio created profile, to print on a Canon Pro9000 II, on A4 Glossy.

I scanned the A4 print with an Epson scanner, to create this image file.

The profile result seems quite good as far as I can judge.

i1Studio first profile (2).jpg

Last edited:

martin0reg

Printer Master
Reaction score
So you are content with the first results, are you? Here on my monitor the sample looks a bit on the reddish warm side, but this may have to do with the image file (camera and WB).
My results are really unuseable, so it must be some really wrong setting anywhere in the depth of (my?) color management... or of the installation of the new software..

By the way, regarding new features of "i1studio" compared to CM "Photo" software:
It offers B&W profiling with special charts, much appreciated...
- but where is the color picker? I like the option to measure printed colors, for example to compare deepest blacks (d-max).

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 100s/ canon pro 9000
I installed the software upgrade now I don't have icon on the taskbar also did not see the option to remind me in 1/2/3 or 4 weeks to recalibrate will try another reinstall to see

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 100s/ canon pro 9000
just seen this
Known Issues
⦁ Display profile reminder feature not available in this release

Emulator

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro9000 II
martinOreg said "the sample looks a bit on the reddish warm side"

Yes, I think you are right when compared to the original. I used an Epson scanner to create the image from the "profiled A4 print", (scanner is yet to be profiled), rather than the SLR because of problems with artificial light and reflections etc.

But on the whole, the result is quite good, across the colours range, for a first shot.:)

Looking at the actual print, in sunlight, it looks to be the expected grey.

Last edited: