Color issue when setting media type to photo paper

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I am having color issues when printing on any media paper when media type is set to any of the photo paper with my MG6120. I called Canon but they were unable to help me. To this newbie, it looks like a ICC profile issue. Canon driver or windows is selecting the wrong ICC when using the photo setting. I have done a nozzel check and it is OK. Printing photo is OK if I use plain paper setting. Deleting the printer and reinstalling the driver did not resolve the problem. I have a Canon IP4700 hooked up to the same computer and I do not have a problem with it. Any ideas ? Please help!
Note: I have set the brightness high when I did the scan otherwise the glossy photo one will come out too dark see.

9265_glossy_photo_setting.jpg

9265_plain_paper_setting.jpg

jondave

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Can you post the actual scans without any tweaking? In general, you will get different results when you change the media setting because the printer driver adjusts the ink dispersion rate accordingly.

dvdit

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
ghwellsjr said:
Are you using Canon paper and Canon inks?
Yes, Canon glossy photo paper and Precision Color inks. It was printing fine and I did a reg cleaner and that seems to be when the problem started.