Clogged print heads or cartridges issues?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
If your still having ink starvations problems with your 251 compatible cartridges, you’ll need to start again and completely purge all the ink out of the carts, (Save the ink if you like), rinse them thoroughly with Windex and let them dry.

Once you have the carts dried and refilled then you should be in the pound seats, but if they still don’t work properly then it’s safe to assume they have reach end of life, and you’ll need to get a new set...

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I haw 571 refilable.
itt is important that you newer leave ink compartment go down to empty

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
@The Hat, thanks. They're relatively new carts. I got them from Precision Colors in May. If I continue to have issues with them after trying mikling's method, I'll contact him.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@msmart, It really doesn’t matter if the carts you use are relatively new or not, because it’s the way you use them that counts.

Allowing a cart to completely empty of all the ink is not the best way to use them properly, if you were to refill them when the reservoir is void of ink but the sponge section still has plenty then the sponge cannot dry out on you...

Borut

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10s
I@msmart I hope that you not wait to chip signals that it is empty because it is totally inaccurate in this...........belive in that :)

msmart

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP4500
I don't let the reservoir run dry. I refill them regardless of what the printer/Win levels show. I've learned how compatible carts with ARC chips work from here.