Clogged EPSON Artisan 725, searched/tried multiple things…

MasterMacMaverick

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
HL-3170CDW & WF3640
Ok, I have signed up since I have found that this forum is more active and thusly I might find better feedback. Strap in this might be popcorn worthy!

As the title states, I have a clogged printer. My Google-fu has been extensive, watched many videos, read plenty of forum posts, including ones here. And so far I have not been able to have any success in getting my printer back to working order. Or at least to what I prefer, keep reading. ;)

The printer works for when I print at the maximum settings for the paper I use--plain paper, but I want to be able to get the default setting to work so that I don't have to waste so much ink on each page. Images will be included below.

I am running on refillable cartridges that I got online and have not failed me. What has filed me is that the many methods and chemicals solutions I have concocted still do not work to get what I want.
I have used Windex & alcohol, DIY special cleaners found online, the paper towel strip technique, injecting solution onto the waste pads to soak, I have taken the printhead off and soaked for overnights--at least removed from its carrier and put into a special bowl I was able to cobble together, countless nozzle cleanings, I have even purged the lines with the wicreset utility found online.

I have used purge patterns that I have created, ones found online, as well as ones found in this forum. Still to no avail.

What I will upload/embed are: the most current nozzle check that I performed earlier tonight and a couple of patterns that showcase what I am dealing with.

First,
Nozzle Check Aug 13 2015 by Andrew Reimisch, on Flickr
This is my current nozzle check. The three nozzles on the Cyan don't bother me; it's the Black(multicolor) and the Magenta that have formed this repeatable pattern of blank areas.
Next,
cymk blaster Default Aug 12 2015 by Andrew Reimisch, on Flickr
This is a CYMK blaster pattern that showcases the Default level of printing that has me so CDO. (That's OCD but the letter are put in order. :p)

cymk blaster PlainPaperColorMax Aug 12 2015 by Andrew Reimisch, on Flickr

This is the same pattern with the Plain Paper Max setting that I can get. While it's decent, it could be better.

I am now at my wits end and just about willing to try a solution of 1:1 distilled white vinegar and water and let that soak to see if it will pull of a miracle. :fl

So if these images load, any feedback will be greatly appreciated and Thanks in Advance! :thumbsup

annel

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson 710, Canon PRO 100
I know soaking up excess ink from the resting pad has helped me in the past but it sounds like you have already done that. I wish you success.