CLI42 - Empty Cartidges available to loving homes

iPeach

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Websnail's cast offs.
Hi all

We are lucky enough to be in the position to offer to a good home some empty CLI42 cartridge sets. Their previous owner is well known to us and so I know that these have been well trained and will be very loyal. While we'd love to keep them ourselves, our cartridge beds are full and, frankly, they're eating us out of house and home. So we thought that some of you lovely people may want to take them off our hands.

We can't in any good conscience ask you to pay for them, as they came to us for re-homing for nothing, but to show your commitment and dedication to these loyal beasts we ask that you make a donation (£20 or $30) either to the red cross, or to a charity supporting relief work in Syria. You can send us a screen grab/ email confirmation and we'll ship you a set. We have three full sets and a few spare of single colour cartridges. First refusal for a set is going to @Roy Sletcher (who we feel needs an opportunity to redeem himself after the abuse his original CLI42s suffered) and please note that these haven't been reset/refilled/DIM'd /checked for fleas.

We are likely to get more of these in time, so if you want a set after these are allocated then we can sort out a waiting list type thing.

Kirsty

ps - all donations to my paypal account are welcomed but won't bump you up the list. The same applies to proposals of marriage, although my husband may just accept on my behalf, especially if you live very far from him o_O....

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-100, and Epson 3880
Hi all

We are lucky enough to be in the position to offer to a good home some empty CLI42 cartridge sets. Their previous owner is well known to us and so I know that these have been well trained and will be very loyal. While we'd love to keep them ourselves, our cartridge beds are full and, frankly, they're eating us out of house and home. So we thought that some of you lovely people may want to take them off our hands.

We can't in any good conscience ask you to pay for them, as they came to us for re-homing for nothing, but to show your commitment and dedication to these loyal beasts we ask that you make a donation (£20 or $30) either to the red cross, or to a charity supporting relief work in Syria. You can send us a screen grab/ email confirmation and we'll ship you a set. We have three full sets and a few spare of single colour cartridges. First refusal for a set is going to @Roy Sletcher (who we feel needs an opportunity to redeem himself after the abuse his original CLI42s suffered) and please note that these haven't been reset/refilled/DIM'd /checked for fleas.

We are likely to get more of these in time, so if you want a set after these are allocated then we can sort out a waiting list type thing.

Kirsty

ps - all donations to my paypal account are welcomed but won't bump you up the list. The same applies to proposals of marriage, although my husband may just accept on my behalf, especially if you live very far from him o_O....

I will be very happy to take you up on your generous offer of the CLI-42 carts. Please reserve a set for me.

Because I am Canada, would a donation to the Canadian red cross suffice? This would be simpler for me, and I would then also get a federal tax rebate for charitable giving. Just let me know.

Roy S.

PS: You proposals of marriage would be enhanced if your husband would include pictures of the printers you would be bringing with you.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Question for you @iPeach, are all these CLI-42 cartridges set-up or mixed new ones and will you be also supplying a CLI-8 yellow cart in the set ? To deal with the Yellow Gello as @stratman calls it, I do know your ink is immune from this yellow scourge.

I like to look at a gift horse right in the whites of his eyes, then his teeth...

O’ I have to decline you most generous offer also, as your beautiful presents would give me a heart attack (Eventually).. :old :th

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I let Kirsty have some fun with this as I've been spending the day bottling inks (yay, what joy!) but I'll field the cartridge questions above.

@Roy Sletcher : Canadian Red Cross would be fine... We've already put a set to one side for you so you're covered there.

@The Hat : We'd not planned to include a CLI-8 as the assumption was more that the chip was the golden ticket rather than the cartridge themselves but happy to supply a CLI-8Y if requested. You don't get ice-cream with it though ;)

I'll leave @iPeach to respond to the more "colourful" comments in her own time... :hide

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I let Kirsty have some fun with this as I've been spending the day bottling inks (yay, what joy!) but I'll field the cartridge questions above.

@Roy Sletcher : Canadian Red Cross would be fine... We've already put a set to one side for you so you're covered there.

@The Hat : We'd not planned to include a CLI-8 as the assumption was more that the chip was the golden ticket rather than the cartridge themselves but happy to supply a CLI-8Y if requested. You don't get ice-cream with it though ;)

I'll leave @iPeach to respond to the more "colourful" comments in her own time... :hide

Thanks Martin. It is late here as I just got in from a Hockey game. Have a nephew visiting from overseas, and he wanted to see a real live NHL hockey game.

Will look into the details in the morning. Will convert 30 British pounds to C$. Make the donation to Canadian Red cross, and send you electronic or scanned copies of the receipts. Sounds simple enough. Even I should be able to do it.

RS

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Hi Martin,

Just made a donation to the Red Cross for C$55.00. At today's exchange rates that should be 30.00 British Pounds. A PDF file of the email acknowledgment is below. Apparently an official receipt will follow from the Red Cross.

I found a button on the Red Cross web site to allow the donation to be directed specifically to Syrian Relief, although that is not mentioned on the email they sent.

I am sure you have my Canadian Address on file to send the CLI-42 empties. if not let me know and I will confirm.

Thanks for saving them for me.

Roy Sletcher

EDIT - Just received a PDF of the official tax receipt and will try and upload as an additional PDF.

Further Edit - Martin deleted the files will send them to your private email address.

Last edited:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@websnail said:
I still have not got an answer to my question regarding these empty CLI-42 cartridges going for a song.
Are they all new cartridges or mixed with some that are also the set-up cartridges that comes with a new printer ?
Pity about the ice cream dough..:drool
@Roy Sletcher would you not think it wise to erase or hide your Email and home address ? (Safer)

Roy Sletcher

Indolent contrarian
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I still have not got an answer to my question regarding these empty CLI-42 cartridges going for a song.
Are they all new cartridges or mixed with some that are also the set-up cartridges that comes with a new printer ?
Pity about the ice cream dough..:drool
@Roy Sletcher would you not think it wise to erase or hide your Email and home address ? (Safer)

Thanks Hat. Have deleted the files.

What was I thinking!!!

RS

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
I'm taking tips from the TV dramas and keeping you hanging on... Not missing questions at all... *ahem* :oops:

We've put the sets together so there's one set of Setup and then two (well one is going to Roy) of the replacement "normal" cartridges.

Not found a single difference other than the label though..

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I'm taking tips from the TV dramas and keeping you hanging on... Not missing questions at all... *ahem* :oops:

Not found a single difference other than the label though..
The jury is still out on that one ! :confused: