CLI-526 resettable chips

pebe

Printer Guru
Reaction score
emmaachile said:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remanufactu...1_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1319318699&sr=1-1
cli 526

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sophia-Global-Remanufactured-Cartridge-Replacement/dp/B005LJWEF4
cli 521

Try this link
I know Sophia carts for 225,226 and 221 and 220 are resettable. This one should have resettable chips.
Your first link didn't work but I found the Sophia Global offer on Amazon for the 525/526 set.

In view of your good experiences with other Sophia Global carts, I think I will settle for their 525/526.

Thanks.

ni9eofse7en

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
pebe said:
ni9eofse7en said:
No, I shopped around for a set of new cli526 carts as cheap as poss, so when they are used I will swap the chips.
I think it quite likely that some of the available carts use One Time chips that won't reset. I thought it would be rather pointless to ask the vendors - it would not be in their interest to tell me.

But it will be a little time yet before I need them, so if the ones you get are OK when they get empty and you reset them, I would appreciate you letting me know what sort they were.
Yep should have been more specific they are Genuine original Canon carts not third party stuff. I know better than that having read many an entry on this forum. Canon own carts are the ones to choose when using chips, there may be others out there that can be reset, but I am not aware of any. I have bought about 4 sets of canons CLi526 and PGi520's and a similar amount of CLi520 and PGi520's to swap over when ready. Originals, as I am sure most will confirm on here, are the way to go.

emmaachile

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
@pebe The links are working.

@ ni9eofse7en
No need to purchase full canon oem carts as he only needs cli 526 chips that reset. This chips on this aftermarket cart reset like canon oem chips. I have reset some 10 chips twice now from sophia on cli 225,226,220,221 which i transferred to an oem canon cli 221 carts.