Cleaning Solution - Canon PGI-5 & CLI-8 Cartridge Flush

I wish I had known about getting this at CVS before buying a gallon of antifreeze from an auto shop.
 
I see the quality is USP (United States Pharmacopea), so it is definitely the best you can get.
 
ghwellsjr said:
I wish I had known about getting this at CVS before buying a gallon of antifreeze from an auto shop.
At least the antifreeze can be used in your vehicle. I'll never use all this glycerin.

Glycerin wasn't available at the first place or two I checked. Maybe I lucked out with my local CVS store, though I bought it online. A beauty supply shop might have it. Unless you like visiting places, especially beauty shops, I would call ahead to make sure they have it in stock at a price you're willing to pay.
 
stratman Unless you like visiting places, especially beauty shops, I would call ahead to make sure they have it in stock at a price you're willing to pay.
Youre not suggesting that ghwellsjr isnt a handsome young guy and wouldnt be welcome in a beauty shop.. :D
 
Hey gang, thanks for answering my question. Maybe pharmacist could confirm another use for glycerin so that it won"t go to waste for stratman. I remember almost 60 years ago my grandfather's brother drank glycerin as a laxative. He lived to be 86 years old!
 
The Hat said:
stratman Unless you like visiting places, especially beauty shops, I would call ahead to make sure they have it in stock at a price you're willing to pay.
Youre not suggesting that ghwellsjr isnt a handsome young guy and wouldnt be welcome in a beauty shop.. :D
I've been in many a beauty shop (with my wife) and all the beauticians wanted to cut my hair. Some of them did. They're make you feel like you're a handsome young guy even if you're not.
 
emerald said:
Hey gang, thanks for answering my question. Maybe pharmacist could confirm another use for glycerin so that it won"t go to waste for stratman. I remember almost 60 years ago my grandfather's brother drank glycerin as a laxative. He lived to be 86 years old!
Now I know what to do with all that exra anti-freeze. Oops, did I just give away that I'm not a handsome young guy?
 
Should have written "beauty supply shop" to distinguish it from a place to get perms and peroxide treatments. :)

Ghwellsjr:

My suggestion is to enjoy the fussing while you get your haircut. If it costs as much as my haircut, then you're paying good money for the entire experience.
 
pharmacist said:
Here is my cartridge flush/conditioning solution recipe again:

-3 % propylene glycol (or 2 % glycerin)
-20 % isopropyl alcohol
-distilled water up to 100 %

To make this conditioning solution a cleaning solution to dissolve stubborn stains: add 5 drops of concentrated ammonia per 100 ml of this solution. This solution has been tested by several forum members already and they are very happy with it. It also enhances the absorption degree of ink into the sponge after flushing, especially with the difficult pigment based BCI-3eBK/PGI-5Bk cartridge.
Sorry, can anyone run by me how to mix this? The percentage totals got me off, does this recipe mean
- 3 drops of pure propylene glycol
- 20 drops of 100% isopropyl alcohol
- 87 drops of distilled water

to make a 100 drop solution?
 
Back
Top