Cleaning CLI-221/CLI-521/CLI-821

chirantha7777

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just bought a IP3680. (Asia version of IP3600)

I use the CLI-821 carts. Now I also bought to InkTec Refill kits for them as well. But the kits tell me to refill by pulling the small ball out from the top of the cart. The German method seems nicer though. Anyway if I use the German method.... how can I clean/purge the cartridge?

Thanks

dougsewell

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Use the German method to refill with fresh water, then by use of a plastic flexible tube from Tap to ink output nozzle on the cartridge , allow water to flow into the cartridge and out of the vent slots on the top. This will eventually clean the cart. However I have found it better to put a hole in the top of the cart above the liquid ink tank (not above the sponge compartment) and resealing this after flushing by use of a hot glue gun or rubber plug. See also "Purging via German method" in these forums.
Good luck
Doug

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
But if you put a hole in the top of the reservoir, you're defeating the whole purpose of using the German method. It's not the reservoir that needs purging anyway, it's the sponge materials. Just my humble opinion, do what you want.