CISS systems for Epson printer

Jimala

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
I have a new Epson NX415 printer and want to get a good quality CISS system for it. Any Suggestions?

P

printfan1138

I'd tell you but they'd have to kill me..LOL Let me simply suggest that you go look for a good damper type CISS by searching the web. Good hunting!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Jimala I have a new Epson NX415 printer and want to get a good quality CISS system for it. Any Suggestions?
printfan1138
Jimala has asked a simple question, your answer wont make sense to him.
If you know a good supplier why not tell him, I think you should.. :)

Jimala you could try Leonardjohn, do a search for him on here to get more info, or just try here.. contiuousinksystemcorp.com/

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
http://cgi.ebay.com/CISS-INK-SYSTEM.../250744423650?pt=BI_Toner&hash=item3a618844e2

I've been using the CISS from this dealer for going on 8 months with very few problems, I print on and off sometimes very high volume like 40-50 full page photos at a time so inevitably I'd run into some sort of flow issue. I use the CISS designed for the Artisan 50 though so 6 colors. The only problems I've developed were because I didn't print in a while I got some minor clogging problems. But one thing I suggest is if you can get your hands on just one spare cartridge and length of hose to act as a clog busting cartridge just in case you get any clog or flow issue. What you do is to fill it with windex and use a syringe filled with windex with a needle to pump the windex through any clogged colors. Make sure you do this in the ink replace mode so the windex drips onto the overspray pad in the middle of the print path, about 1/2 a syringe slowly pumped through a clogged printhead has always cleared up clogs. You don't do this with the print head on the park pad because it forces air and ink into the other colors and can make them have flow issues. After clearing the color simply blot up with paper towels any windex on the overspray area. This also serves a side benefit of cleaning out the overspray pad. After blotting simply reinstall the CISS and after it primes run one extra cleaning cycle and I also like to print a color photo and then a nozzle check. That procedure has never failed me and is a lot easier than running several back to back cleaning cycles which will only serve to fill up your waste ink pad.

It seems like an involved process but once you get the hang of it it's actually a very quick process. It takes me less time than running a cleaning cycle and doesn't waste as much ink. Also a good precaution is even before installing the CISS is prime it. You don't even need the syringe. Simply remove the prime plug and you can raise the cartridge above the tanks and drain the primary front chamber, then tilt the cartridge back and lower the cartridge below the tank level. The siphon effect will fill the cartridge and eliminate as much air from the system as possible, there tends to be too much air in the larger chamber of these CISS systems and eliminating these will help prevent flow issues later on down the line. When the ink reaches the top of the prime plug simply put the plug back in and wipe away any excess ink.

P

printfan1138

To The Hat!
You said. "Jimala has asked a simple question, your answer wont make sense to him.
If you know a good supplier why not tell him, I think you should..'
Answer: Because I got a warning about being a Shill, or at least a suspected shill for mentioning the very company I would strongly suggest he go to. Therefore I'm not going tell anybody about a good supplier in here. I have learned my lesson thanks!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
printfan1138 I'm not going tell anybody about a good supplier in here. I have learned my lesson thanks!
Ok I can go with that, BUT why then do you reply to his thread if you have no intention of answering it.
One is not promoting a particular web site over another when answering someones request for suggestions... :|

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
One needs to be careful with the advice of clearing clogs on the Epson printheads given on this thread. I personally have done this process to get older printers going again. On the newer Epson printers starting from about 3-4 years ago. I will advise that this process has some inherent danger in it and will NOT recommend this to users anymore. It appears that when Epson increased the nozzle count as well as reduced the size and bulk of the piezo elements, it is easy now for users to apply too much pressure if they are not careful. This will damage the printhead permanently. If you choose to do this it should be done with extreme care and knowing the ensuing risk.
When unclogging, patience is a large part of the formula. Generally if the printer is used once a week or even a little more, no serious clogging issues requiring a pressure clear/unclog is required unless something else is amiss.

P

printfan1138

To the Hat! I responded to the man's thread simply because I gave him the key to finding the answers he needs by doing it the way I did and that is going on the web and researching. By using the key words in this case( Damper and cis) he will soon find what I did for himself and I will not be accused for being a shill. By the way I mentioned the (Shill) message I received to my favorite product source and He promptly sent me my records of purchase to post showing I'm a satisfied customer and not a shill working for them! I'd post them in here but that also would probably be ill received. I joined this group looking for like minded people to share good printer information with but the drama is souring me on the whole thing. Besides, the people I buy from are going on Twitter and Face Book and starting tutorials and self help venues that will no doubt answer all the questions on printing I will ever have. As they said to me in an e-mail: "For the last 30 years we've built our business on people just like you and having (a REAL 92% reorder rate) from previous customers is our manner of gauging that we are doing an excellent job of properly servicing our accounts.
we're getting better at providing that help and service as well, in 2011 and beyond we plan to get even better still". Now that's what I got excited about! Happy Printing!

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
printfan1138 Besides, the people I buy from are going on Twitter and Face Book and starting tutorials and self help venues that will no doubt answer all the questions on printing I will ever have.
Sorry to see you go..