CISS for my Canon MX870?

goldteam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a brand on CISS that will work reliably with the Canon MX870?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
goldteam said:
Can anyone recommend a brand on CISS that will work reliably with the Canon MX870?
Yes we can but where are you located, which continent.
Why dont you put your location in you profile it usually helps.. :)

goldteam

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Sorry-- In USA, North America.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Actually: none, even you do live at Mars...... Stay with refilling the original cartridges and stay happy.

M

macbroom

goldteam said:
Sorry-- In USA, North America.
No need to be sorry, you can't add personal details or location until you have 10 posts.

Maybe the administrator could change this as the newest members are often the ones that need help or advise which is region dependent?

If it were integrated into the member registration it would eliminate that first question.....where are you located. Just a thought.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
I wasnt aware of any restrictions placed on any newbies when first joining this great forum.

It seems straight enough to me to setup a user account from the very start by entering
the Essentials first i.e. USER NAME / PASSWORD / then TIME ZONE.
Follow that with PERSONAL here the newbie has the option to this ALL IMPORTANT question their LOCATION.

There is no need to wait for any probation to do this it is open to all newbies the instant then join the Nifty forum.

Come on guy Just do it.. :)
---------------------------------
Please disregard the above statement on the Location issue as its now incorrect (See post below)
New members DO have to wait the customary ten posts till this restriction is lifted sorry..:hit

Tudor

Print Addict
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson L800, 1400; ML-2165W
Actually new members do not have access to "Personal" in Profile menu. And that's where you put in your location.

8048_inkjet_printer_forum___ink_jet_refill_forum___info_-_www_nifty-stuff_com_forum_profile_php_sectionpe.png

I think it's restricted because of the "website" field. Both "Personal" and "Personality" are restricted.

P.S. I made another account to research this. How do I delete it? :)

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Tudor said:
Actually new members do not have access to "Personal" in Profile menu. And that's where you put in your location.

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/up...fty-stuff_com_forum_profile_php_sectionpe.png

I think it's restricted because of the "website" field. Both "Personal" and "Personality" are restricted.

P.S. I made another account to research this. How do I delete it? :)
It looks like your perfectly right Tudor about having to wait for ten posts which I must say is a new one on me. :hu
I will have to apologise for misleading newbie's into thinking that they done something wrong
or were having problems with their account.:ep

I think these were new restrictions brought in to thwart the spammers from gaining a foot hold on this forum,
so well just have to live with them sorry guys.. :th

ink-solutions

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson,Canon,Hp,Brother
goldteam said:
You would have to get a DIY kit an make it up. You have to add it to the cartridges. I am in Jamaica W.I. an i sell install CISS on that printer with no problem.

Synomenon

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Are there still no CIS kits available for the MX870?