Ciss am i missing something print wrong color new ciss

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi guys first post here have searched but cant see an answer i have installed a ciss to my Epson R320printer
i used to use 6 x refillable tanks done this from new over 2yrs ago
my prints are now coming out weird the colors are all wrong plus the ink monitors report the ink cartridges in different places the epson status monitor reports the inks in the correct order the ssc service utility monitor reports them in a different order
should i have uninstalled the ssc after doing the reset and just leave the epson monitor as it is the inks are in the correct order as well ive double checked

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
In terms of the colours coming out "weird" it's possible you have mixed things up in the ink department with Light Magenta instead of Magenta or similar, or there could be some cross pollution happening either in the resting pad (where the printhead stands during non-use) or within the cartridge bay itself (possibly because of a leaky cartridge/seal, etc..).

I'd check the cartridge bay first for any leaks or puddling and identify the culprit cartridge or loose part if applicable.
If it's the ink it's a bit harder to identify but somehow I doubt that's the cause.
The resting pad would be reasonably obvious if it's soiled with gunk or has its own puddle of ink in it... if it does there's plenty of posts on ways to clean that up and unclog the waste tube (if that's what's causing the puddling).

As to the monitor cart order confusion, that could be because the chips, chip contacts or the printhead internals are soiled and giving out confused signals due to shorts, etc... or it may be that the chips have been put in different places. I'm also wondering if you've tried to use the chip freeze functionality in the SSC utility as that has resulted in a few very unexpected and unwelcome results.

Hope that lot gives you something useful to go on...

Martin

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thankyou for your helpful post
i will spend the aftenoon today and try and sort this out when i first fitted the new ciss the prints were quite good but that was poss due to ink already in the pipe line ?
when i was fitting the ciss i did notice the two reds were placed in the wrong order so i swapped them round to the same lineup as per the old setup i will swap them back round poss that is the problem not really up on this as you can tell but i would have thought the ink tanks should be in the same line up as per the printer guide anyway thanks again i will have a few more pots of tea and see what i can do try and give it a good clean as well if i can get the cover off hate working with plastic anyway thanks again i best make a fresh brew and don the latex gloves

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
update on my colour problem

found the new ciss i fitted has been assembled wrong the magenta and photo magenta were in the wrong order for my printer once i swapped theo over and done couple of cleaning cycles my prints are almost back too how they were but still coming out a bit poor white is more a bluey grey a bit dark so still working on that part but its progress
the other good thing done the waste ink mod only took 10 mins and managed to find epson reset for ink pads
after being told by epson uk they dont supply to the uk typical it pays to have friends in usa lol the can download it no problem if anyone wants it let me know

thanks again for your help so far

qwertydude

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
If the prints are close to where they would be then the next step if you want the colors to be more accurate would be to profile the printer/ink/paper combination and then also calibrate your monitor. I use Profile Prism for both. Works great to get photos printing the correct color.

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
thanks for the heads up i am new too the profile printing thing
i am used to just hitting the print button and accepting what came out the other end
but i am geting their thanks again

Arfer Daley

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
hi folks
sorry been awhile ive been in hospital i thought i had better let you all know the cause of my problem
it transpires that the two reds were labled wrong way round so when i put them in as per the epson guide
light was in dark and dark was in light as son as i put them in the oposite way and done a couple of cleaning cycles all was fine
i guess someone was bored at work and decided to have a laugh at my expence lol but all is well now printing great

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
Well now that's something no one would have guessed. Thanks for sharing your solution. I hope they didn't get any of your tubes mixed up while you were in the hospital.