CIS / CFS / CISS Continuous Ink Supply System for Canon Pixma Pro 9000

whitnee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum but everyone here seems very knowledgeable, so I was wondering if you guys could refer me to a good system for my Canon Pixma Pro 9000. I am open to using a refillable cartridge, but have read that those need to be replaced after about 6 refills, and so would prefer to just invest in a CIS if that will last me for a long time. I've seen some on ebay and some such as the Kyson one, and I have had great difficulty in finding enough experiences with any of these systems to be confident to spend anywhere from $50 to $200 on it, and to risk damaging my printer in the process. I also have noticed that some systems come empty, and some have their own brand of ink to go with the CIS. Does anyone have recommendations for a brand of ink that is good for those systems? I would be willing to purchase the CIS and the ink separately if I will get a better quality in the end. Thanks in advance.

-Whitnee

mikling

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1054

Look towards Tin Ho's post. and assess for yourself as only you can make that decision.

There is also one unmentioned item and that is if you do not consume ink at a high rate, the ink is left exposed and will degrade sooner and that can cause 1. color shifts 2. ink flow issues. Again this is something you must decide upon for yourself and what you are willing to take on.

Knowing this, you can make an informed decision.

whitnee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but I was really looking for people's experiences with SPECIFIC CIS systems in this printer. It is too much money to buy one after the other to experiment if they work.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Also - read the thread on purging carts. Easy and restores them to like-new condition for refilling. Costs about $5 worth of parts from the hardware store to make the purge device. There are other techniques (garden hose multiple spray attachement, etc) for which you can use what you already have at home.