Chip Resetter

duncan22

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I Guess this question has been asked before in the forum but I can't quite find it.
I Have a chip Redsetter for the CLI-8 & PGI-cartridges used on the Canon MP 610 Printer. Am I correct in thinking that the resetter will reset these cartridges so they can be used in any printer that uses these cartridges ?
I ask because my MP 610 is coming to the end of it's useful life (yes it's had a couple of new print heads fitted during it's time) and I am looking to get another printer that uses the CLI-8 & PGI cartridges.
If anyone has any suggestions about the type of Canon printer I should go for that uses these cartridges that would be helpful.
Thanks

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Canon has stopped selling the CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges, so you might look after second hand or maybe search carefully on internet someone who is selling a lot of these good old printers. Yes you can use the redsetter for all these printers and interchange the cartridges you have been reset with this resetter. But there will be a new resetter available soon in january for the latest PGI-520/CLI-521 cartridges and you will be set again.

ghwellsjr

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson WP-4530
pharmacist said:
Canon has stopped selling the CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges
I think you mean they have stopped selling printers that use these cartridges, but at least one of them is still available new. See this thread.

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Duhhh: my mistake that would be a disaster. I mean Canon has stopped selling the CLI-8/PGI-5 cartridges BASED PRINTERS....

zxcvbnm114

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I can't see any at this moment but keep an eye on the canon outlet ebay store http://shop.ebay.co.uk/canon_uk1/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

I bought three mp520 printers for my family in the last year paying, 40, 35 and 25 for them with a full set of ink with each one, worth 40 on its own. They always seem the same as new with a sealed new head. You may want something newer and better than what you have already of course. I think yours is probably a smarter printer. With a bit of patience you may see something smarter go by though, prices vary hugely but if you have the luxury of patience then you can usually get something reasonable.