Chip resetter for pgi 220 and cli 221....

Frankd1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I'm looking for a chip resetter for the pgi 220/cli 221 series of cartridges, what are people using these days that seems to work well? This is for an MP560....

I picked up this MP560 for my parents with an extra set of OEM carts but I will be refilling these with inks from Precision Colors - I have been using these for my Mp760 and Ip4000 and would like to continue to do so with their printer as well...

Harvey

Print Addict
Reaction score
It is a fact that it works great but if you find another design it would be better, this is very fragile, I had to dismantle mine and mod it in order to work. There is a little switch inside that not always is pressed down enough and you have to fight with it, otherwise it is a bang for the buck.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Frankd1 said:
Thanks for the info guys! Wow $15 for shipping......thats steep!
Wow!... That is a little expensive but then maybe the seller has had problems with customers claiming non-receipt, etc... so he's opted for a recorded service as default.

Still, makes me wonder if my decision not to sell sand to the Arabs (ie: sell CLI-221/PGI-220 redsetters on eBay.com) was as sensible as it seemed at the time...

mrelmo

Print Addict
Reaction score
no shipping is $6.00 so if you buy several (as everyone knows someone else that refills) you can order several and still pay $6 shipping rather than $6 each. if you order 1 it is $21.00 total shipping included if you buy for other people and get 3 it is $51 total that comes out to $17 each

Frankd1

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I will look into that one and the shipping details a little closer. I do have the option of having it shipped to my parents place in Michigan, they are only a couple of hours from where I live in Ontario and we are back and forth on a regular basis so that would save some $$
I did notice under the technical description that it mentions the cli-8 series cartridges and various printers but I didn't see anything for the MP560, although it mentions pgi-220 and cli-221 at the top of the ad.....