Chip resetter for P700/P900

drfihl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson xp-750, Stylus Photo 150
Does the chip resetter work on the initialization carts or only on a standard retail set? I've been reading some conflicting info...
Hi Nertog
The carts i my printer looks like standard retail ones. Remember I have the european version. I dont see why they shouldnt work on initialization carts. It is the chip that matters andi dont see why chips should be different.

Where dud you see those different opinions?

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Capture.JPGIt’s a pity more don’t demonstrate with their Avatars on TV.. Thanks for the reminder..

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Hallo, tell me about the results of this resetter. Thanks,

nertog

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000 - PX720 - P50
Hi Nertog
The carts i my printer looks like standard retail ones. Remember I have the european version. I dont see why they shouldnt work on initialization carts. It is the chip that matters andi dont see why chips should be different.

Where dud you see those different opinions?
I mean the chips, not the actual carts. I cannot remember where exactly, but one seller mentioned the chip resetter for the P700/900 did not work on initialization carts (or better, chips).

Did you use the chips from the first set of carts included with your printer or are they bought new afterwards? They look the same, but the chips are different...

drfihl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
I mean the chips, not the actual carts. I cannot remember where exactly, but one seller mentioned the chip resetter for the P700/900 did not work on initialization carts (or better, chips).

Did you use the chips from the first set of carts included with your printer or are they bought new afterwards? They look the same, but the chips are different...
Hi. I dont know as I bought the printer second hand. I bought the printer from a dedicated B&W photographer/printer and it printed colored streaks. Epson were not able to resolve the problem. She got a new printer and was allowed to keep this one. I saw prints, took a chance as I will also print B&W with Carbon inks, third party carts. Printing through ABW or QTR. I will fill the colored carts with non colored fluid so any streaks wont be visible.
Long story short. I am sure the black and grey carts are bought afterwards. The colored might be the original. I can ask the seller - watch her great pictures here Marianne Sif Kusk

You are welcome to send your chip to me and I will reset them.

Epson are doing a "great" job in preventing using third party ink and you have to have great printerknowledge. :) A warning message from epson can easily be misinterpreted as an error message. It might be ignored. It was also like that with my resetter. I had a warning about 2 non epson carts and I resetted them. I still got "errors" and eventually i remembered to ignore and to look at the lcd panel. There I was asked if I wanted to continue. When I did that I printed flawlesly.

Wonder if there is a general thread about epson warnings to be ignored here.

Carsten

nertog

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson R3000 - PX720 - P50
Thanks for the explanation and offer, Carsten. I don't own the P700/900 (yet). I new set of carts would be a serious cost adder to the investment...so I would like to be sure.

Good luck with your monochrome adventure and be sure to use QTR to map out the bad channels. The Epson ABW mode still uses some colored inks (LC+LM?) to neutralize the black and grey ones!

Wim

drfihl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Thanks for the explanation and offer, Carsten. I don't own the P700/900 (yet). I new set of carts would be a serious cost adder to the investment...so I would like to be sure.

Good luck with your monochrome adventure and be sure to use QTR to map out the bad channels. The Epson ABW mode still uses some colored inks (LC+LM?) to neutralize the black and grey ones!

Wim
Hi Wim.
Reply from seller.
The carts in my printer are ALL the original ones.
So go ahead.
Send me your e-mail and i will send you a copy of my invoice from AliExpres express.
They are able to collect danish VAT so I had no further import duties.

Carsten

drfihl at gmail com

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Send me your e-mail
You shouldn’t put personal details up on the forum, use our PM instead..

Can’t you just post the invoice up that AliExpress sent you or PM it to @nertog direct..

drfihl

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model

Can’t you just post the invoice up that AliExpress sent you or PM it to @nertog direct..
PM in here - like in messenger?