Chip resetter for CLI-520/PGI-521

sneezer2

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
mp610
pharmacist, I want to congratulate you on your perseverance and thought in contributing to these topics. I'm little interested in this sort
of thing but can see how many others would be. I haven't posted in a long time as my requirement is very basic and as long as I
have a functioning printer I'm generally happy. However, I do lurk a bit and see your posts occasionally. Good work!

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
the advantage of a chip resetter is that you can continue to use the ink monitor as with normal OEM carts

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Autoreset chips have the disadvantage of sudden reset on moment you do not want them to reset to 100 %. A current cut or taking them out and putting them in, will cause them to reset to 100 %. I think it is better to have a disabled ink monitor instead of a false positive reading, because a disabled monitor makes you more vigilant about the real ink level and a ink level giving a 100 % on you printer display, but the cartridge is physically only 20 % full, is actually much more dangerous.

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
I agree with pharmacist,

Mine always show full.
So once I let a cart to completely go empty and the prism sensor (the sensor that uses the prism inside the cart to determine if a crt is really empty) did not work

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
They are on ebay too,

All Sites I'v seen are in german language which I cannot understand or don't ship to my country :(

If someone wants to buy it for me please let me know, I can pay with verified paypal immedietly

Thank You

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Spiderman,

you can contact the guys from tintenalarm.de and ask what the price is with shipment to Malta. I'm pretty sure it is possible, but the shipment cost might be considerable.

SpideRMaN

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Thanks,

They will return to business on the 6th of January and the resetter is not available yet according to their site