Chip Resetter for Canon ImagePROGRAF 1000

Epatcola

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
various
For monitoring the ink levels in the Canon Pro-100 I found that installing a set of Viewports works flawlessly.
I don't have a PRO-1000, but, am thinking about it and have looked at refilling options. I have never seen a physical cartridge.

I saw the precisioncolors monitoring thing and thought it a bit complicated and expensive. I wondered if you could somehow visibly check ink levels and here I see this viewport thing.

I don't understand why the viewport thing has to stick out so much. Wouldn't a flush transparent window the same size do the job? Wouldn't a transparent cartridge body do the job?

Does the white bit and chip and valve or whatever it is come off? Is the body complicated? Could you 3D print a new body in transparent plastic (PETG probably)?

Could you just cut off the end of the cartridge and fit a transparent 3D printed replacement cap?

Could you make the cartridges (or cap) a bit longer to increase capacity? You could incorporate holes or maybe small spout for refilling, maybe even in situ.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
I don't have a PRO-1000, but, am thinking about it and have looked at refilling options. I have never seen a physical cartridge.
If you visit Viewport website you will see how uncompleted this system is to install, that’s its selling point, and what your suggesting is way over the top, because it’s not possible to 3D these carts to make them better.. ViewportPro.com
ink,png.PNG