Cheapest flatbed printer

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
A Yudu is a silk screen/t-shirt printer aimed towards the crafting/scrapbooking crowd. Just as the Cricut can be hacked to be used as a real sign cutter, I'm sure you could find some way to use the Yudu to screen print on more than just T-shirts. However, screen printing is mono-color unless you do multiple passes.

WolfgangExler

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
sgdotcom said:
I need to print a image on a 1mm wood sheet small size.. Can anyone suggest which printer should I get? I think the printer should be flatbed since I cannot insert the wood frm the rear tray,
you may look for a used HP Photosmart Pro B9180, perfect for this as this printer has a complete flat special media tray and can print on media up to 1.3 mm thickness

This is a home based project, so the cheapest, the better. I want to buy the printer instead of sending to the printing company to print as I am going to print on them from time to time.
that is the wrong beginning. You have to check for the possibilities and afterward to see if it is worth the money.

Wolfgang

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
While you guys keep scratching your heads or saving money to buy commercial grade printers, a typical Russian guy can make a direct to garment printer from scratch by using scrap materials

http://habrahabr.ru/post/123453/

a little bit more in depth with photos
http://habrahabr.ru/post/123813/

They also use Gutenprint RIP to make the printer use light channels for white ink to use if printing on other than white surfaces.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Smile said:
While you guys keep scratching your heads or saving money to buy commercial grade printers, a typical Russian guy can make a direct to garment printer from scratch by using scrap materials
Looks like something The Hat would rig together for the heck of it while on a Irish whiskey bender. :lol:

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
stratman said:
Smile said:
Looks like something The Hat would rig together for the heck of it while on a Irish whiskey bender. :lol:
Ah yes but I wouldnt be in any condition to care if it worked or not.:th
Just do it all again tomorrow Hic.. :p

Fenrir Enterprises

Print Addict
Reaction score
There are a lot of tutorials on the T-Shirt Forums about converting various Epsons into DTG flatbed printers. I think there are even companies that build what looks like a "professional machine", starting with an Epson. Now that the Workforce 1100 and the Stylus Photo 1400 are discontinued, there will be price wars on the remaining stock.

I didn't dig deep, but I'm not sure what/where they were using/buying white ink.

Latest posts