CFS for Canon MP730

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
After experimenting with a home made black single feed CFS I have upgraded to a Sinopis system.

www.sinopis.com

I have this installed this on a multifunction machine canon MP730. This is the older 4 tank system. BCI-3eBK, BCI-3eC, BCI-3eM, BCI-3eY.

The MP730 has the same printhead as i560, i850 and the newer ip3000

The sinopis system has a few neat ideas -

The priming does not rely upon a vacum syringe with one way valves. The empty cartridges supplied seem identical to the OEM ones. The entry spigot where the ink from the reservoir goes in is a right angle over the sponge compartment. This spigot is pushed into a soft silicone collar the sits in the cartridge hole and thus can be easily rotated to adjust to the course of the inlet tubing. Over the non sponge compartment there is a plug of silicone in a hole. To prime the cartridge the tubing is connected to the cartridge and the other end is put in the ink reservoir. At this stage the exit port of the cartridge is still sealed. A 25g needle on a 20 ml syringe is carefully put thru the silastic plug and air is withdrawn. This sucks the ink into the cartridge into the sponge compartment and then into the non sponge compartment . Air is withdrawn until the ink is about 5mm from the top. The needle is withdrawn and the silicon plug is self sealing.

It wouldn't be too hard to modify existing cartridges to make your own CFS system.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
ocular, any images for us? I'd love to see your single homemade CFS for your black and also your Sinopis system. Do you have any pictures to post?

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Here are some pictures I took along the way when I was prototyping the single black feed CFS

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~ocular/MP730

I'll get some photos of the sinopis system organised.

I am trying to find a service/parts manual for the Canon MP730.

Canon are very unhelpful and don't make these available.

I have come across a Russian site www.smanual.ru that has a manual for $50US.

I have searched all the other more known sites that provide printer manuals and emailed them with no luck.

Anyone had anything to do with www.smanual.ru or know where I could get a service manual for a Canon MP730 multifunction machine.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
Holy cow! That is just amazing! What a great idea... to make your own continuous flow system for just the black cartridge.

Did you run into any issues while building it? Who do you use for ink?

khalid826

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Dear ocular in your report you said that the ink goes directly to the sponge compartmentbut the photos shows that the ink goes to the ink compartment please we need an explanation for that ... with best regards.

ocular

Printer Guru
Reaction score
The commercial CFS usually have the feed tube going into the sponge chamber as does my sinopis system. The normal air maze over the sponge compartment has to be blocked off so enough vacum is created for the CFS. In my home made black feed system I had the ink tube into the reservoir chamber and it works without having to block off the air breather maze over the sponge chamber.