CD Direct Printing

jflan

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I use an iP3000 to print CD's and DVD's and I'm very happy with it's performance.
I'm in the US, so I had to acquire a tray and roller assembly, then enable the printer.

Can anyone comment on the difference(s) if any, between Canon CD printing and Epson CD printing ? Finished product vs. finished product.

Simon R.

Printing Ninja
Reaction score
I personally am fond of Epson printers in general, so I'm kind of prejudical ;)

Dan@blue-optix

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
As with the photo's Ive found the quality to be the same if youre talking about two printers in the same league.

We see all too often someone will compare a 60 Epson to a 300 Canon and then say that the Epson sucks, in reality if you compare a 60 Epson with a 60 Canon, print quality & features will generally be similar.

The Canon's were good because they kicked off the CD printing on the low cost printers, but Epson stuck with it only on the high end, therefore the CD prints used to be excellent quality on the Epson and fair on the Canon. Now they have all the features across the range.

I personally prefer Canon, thus restoring the equilibrium against Simon's post! Running costs & ease of re-filling being a massive benefit, having said that I used to be in the ink re-filling business and can re-fill any cart. Canons were generally trouble free though.

InkMon

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I have an Epson and I print labels quite simply and effective. You print out a sheet with a positional diagram, fix a double sided label and print. Using an applicator to apply the label. I have printed dozens even using a cheaper printer. The results are good perhaps not quite the duplicate of the original but it means that a cheaper photo printer can do the job of a designated cd printer for a lot less setting up and cost.

I am an Epson enthusist print heads that last forever as long as the computer model is considered GIEGO

Terry