Can't get ink to printout on Epson Pro 4000

glassguy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Good morning, I recently had a number of issues with errors and my 4000 would not operate. I kept getting "service required" errors so I purchased a cd to reset the the settings. (The printer printed perfectly if it would start) I was able to get rid of the errors and it starts up fine now. However, it pumped most of my ink into the maintenance tank which I had to change and reset, now I am only getting a nozzle check to show up on 1 cartridge (photo black). I have refillables for my colors and they were all reset however they are at 1/4 full to 1/8 full in physical ink. It went through the charging setup, (raising lowering levers etc.) and I still cannot get ink to the printhead. I changed out Matte black with OEM epson 110 full cartridge and still that one will not give me a nozzle check. I tried an init fill and it would not go... just lit the red "ink" light on the control panel. I am not sure if I should invest in a whole set of cartridges or if there is something I should be doing? (Prior to doing the reset, I was able to get a full clean print nozzle pattern by unplugging the printer and doing a startup in the morning--- This worked sometimes and sometimes not. It appears to have reset ?? and now turns on every time says "ready" but got no ink. Also tried printing a picture in case it took a while to get ink there, and all I got was a blank paper. On the nozzle check, it does print info below the lonely black as to maint. tank etc. (I assume it is printing with the one nozzle..... I know this is long and drawn out, but I wanted to include all info I had so if someone tried to help me, they knew most of the issues.
Thank you and have a nice day.....Wayne:(

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
I previously owned the 4000 pro used it with cheap OCP inks for batch printer posters.
air in the ink system is a nasty thing... I never did the initial charging solution it wasted to much ink. What I did was Auto Cleanings.
MAX 3 in a Row and then 1 Hour pause.
if you re using refillable carts be sure to keep the Air vent on the cart OPEN or otherwise a vacuum will build a pull all the ink back to the carts itself!

glassguy

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Thank you very much for helping me. I did notice that it is now saying "Ink low" for photo black and light black and the 5 color refillables I had the vent closed!!! I opened the vent and there was a large gush of air.... exactly like you described must of happened. I will have to get more ink and try again. Again, thank you and it will take a couple weeks to get more ink and try again, I will post the results here when I do. Again, thank you very much and have a good day............

Wayne

cls

Print Addict
Reaction score
Printer Model
8560, 8570, 1400, 1500W, P50 e
true... so true ... happend to me too