Can't detect my Canon MP230

Flooder

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP230
Hello, this is my first tread :).
I have a Canon MP230 which i bought very long time ago (3+ years, maybe).
When i connect the printer to any computers not only one, the computer cannot detect the printer no matter what i do. I did try to install the latest driver but cannot becase while im installing the driver the printer needs to be detected to compete the installation. Therefore i cannot install the driver. I did try to connect the printer with other computers but doesnt work, i did try another printer and works perfectly fine. Did try to change connection port, used the other usb connection ports, tried to restart the printer.
I was able to connect it once some weeks ago, but used around 30 minutes, by taking in and out the usb and restarting printer etc.
Now its impossible, maybe its time to buy a new printer :D

PeterBJ

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP990
It looks to me like the printer's USB port has failed. If spares can be found cost of repair would exceed the cost of a new printer. But USB cables can fail even if is rare, so if you haven't tried another cable do so before discarding the printer.

Flooder

Print Lurker
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MP230
Thanks for reply,i did try with another cable,but didnt work. Tried to use the cable from printer to another printer and printer worked perfectly fine.As you said the problem may be printers usb port