Canon's New Printer

zakezuke

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
tyamada said:
Unlike the Japanese Models the ink cartridges are CLI-8s. I don't know what difference in the formulation of the BCI-6, BCI-7 or the CLI-8 inks but we will find out shortly. The Pigmented Black cartridge now carries the designation of PGI-5. I wonder if they changed the cartridge numbers to confuse us?
This might be a tad old to respond to but i'll do it anyway. The CLI-8 is designated CLI-8 so not to confuse us with the older generation BCI-8 which was used on the Canon Aspen printer commonly sold with the pre-power PC Apple Macintosh... 68030 Mac LC III for example. Not sure about the BCI-5 but i'm sure that was used somewhere in the BJ line.

CanonPhreak

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
The codes translate pretty easy and tells you that there is an 8 color printer on the way:

PGI-5 'P'i'G'ment 'I'nk for 5 cartridge printer
CLI-8 'C'hroma'L'ife 'I'nk for 8 cartridge printer

zakezuke said:
tyamada said:
Unlike the Japanese Models the ink cartridges are CLI-8s. I don't know what difference in the formulation of the BCI-6, BCI-7 or the CLI-8 inks but we will find out shortly. The Pigmented Black cartridge now carries the designation of PGI-5. I wonder if they changed the cartridge numbers to confuse us?
This might be a tad old to respond to but i'll do it anyway. The CLI-8 is designated CLI-8 so not to confuse us with the older generation BCI-8 which was used on the Canon Aspen printer commonly sold with the pre-power PC Apple Macintosh... 68030 Mac LC III for example. Not sure about the BCI-5 but i'm sure that was used somewhere in the BJ line.