Canon wide-format w7200/8200

mikhajacovich

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Hi all
I have a canon W7200 (wide-format) for which I'm trying to find a way to refill its original or G&G cartridges with a compatible ink as the original carts' cost is rather high.
Has anyone tried it with success?
Any feedback is highly appreciated.

THIA

Mikha

hpnetserver

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I once was in a professional photogrphic supply store in Palo Alto California and saw a Canon wide format printer there. The printer was being installed and set up. I was very curious and asked a few questions to the guy who was apparently having a tough time to install the printer. He became very rude and ignored me almost completely after I asked too many questions. I was a bit pissed as well so I left without watching him completing the installation. But I did notice the huge ink cartridges and I remember the guy said the ink was pigmented ink. If I remember correctly the printer was a W6400 (?) or 7200. According to the guy (before he began to ignore me) it was a newly released printer from Canon. Well, what I am trying to say is you may have a hard time to find 3rd party compatible ink for this printer.

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
Try giving Robert of Gemini Colours www.refillink.biz a call and see if he has any intel on that... He's very clued up on what's available and what isn't plus I know he works with wide format printers too so you could do worse..

Oh and you may just find that you ask a question that will bug him till he finds an answer ;)

easyrefill

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I just finished talking to the sales rep from two ink manufacturers and was told no pigment inks are available for the W8400pg. W8400D is the same printer that uses dye inks. No luck with the pigment inks for this one.