Canon Waste Ink Diversion

websnail

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson, Canon, HP... A "few"
jackson said:
Been following this thread regarding the Epson line and was wondering if there is a similar method of diverting the Canon's waste ink, or are they radically different??

http://www.nifty-stuff.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1164
I've managed to do it for the iP4000 once but in truth it's not quite the same sort of layout... This is good and bad news.

The good news is that it's a lot easier to get to the waste ink pads than the epsons because Canon don't build their printers to make them virtually inaccessible. The bad news is that the only way to get to the waste ink tubes (there's two) from the pump, is to go through the same routine as you'd need to do to get to the waste ink pads. You also need to drill the printer base itself which means you can't return it for warranty repair, etc.. if something goes wrong.

In truth though the thing to bear in mind is that the Canon printers (certainly the Pixma models I've used) don't seem to purge much in the way of waste ink so really it's not as important as fitting a waste tank on an Epson R200/300 type printer (which waste ink like it's going out of fashion!).

At some point I'll be pulling my iP4000 apart again to refit the waste ink tube I have in there already so I'll take some pictures then... Won't be for a while though..

Hope that helps anyways...