canon two different printers,two different problems !

eevee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
hello all
i hope you can help me as im a bit of a wally when it comes to printers ! (i am new to this forum so please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong thread)

(problem one)
i have a canon pixma 1500 and i could not use it because it said the waste ink absorber was full....a friend cleaned that out and the inside of the printer but it is still saying "waste ink absorber full" and refusing to do anything.......is there something else i need to do ?
to get it going again,the printer is only about a year and a half old.

(problem two)
i bought a canon ip6220D and i am really not impressed with it,the cartridges are soooo expensive ,i know it is because they have the print head on them but i am a photography student so you can imagine the amount of printing i have to do on very little money !
i dont understand the C and P cartridges do i HAVE to use both ? or can i get away with using just the photo one ?

costs wise i prefer the pixma 1500 because i can get cartridges for that for 3 but print quality wise i prefer the ip6220D

many thanks in advance :)

eevee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
ok thanks jackson for your promt reply, i will try that out
most appreciated :)

eevee

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
me again....ok i managed to reset and it no longer shows the "waste ink absorber full" message but now it is just sending out blank pages
it sounds like it is printing but ...nothing on the paper !
the ink cartridges are new and def have ink in them...and i have tried a different USB lead and a different port

do you think it is possible that when it was cleaned something was knocked out of place ?
is the part under the ink tanks meant to move as well ?
sorry...hard to describe but it has two little black pads and a sort of grey/white lever and the ink tank/print head thing sits over it.

im about to give up but like i said i would prefer not to have to use the other canon as the cost of ink for that is ridiculous :eek:

thank you in advance and sorry to be a pain

jackson

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I think you are talking about the printhead which is held in the holder by a lever.
If the printhead was not installed properly you would get flashing led's and the printer would sit and do nothing.
The two carts (colour left, black right and snapped into place) sit inside the print head.
Did you do try a nozzle check or cleaning before printing?
start>printers&faxes>right click on the printer>click on properties>click on maintenance.

Don't try to print out anything more than a nozzle test until you are sure that ink is getting to the head.You don't want to damage it.
Your first post said that a friend had cleaned out the waste so it sounds like your friend may be able to offer some insight into the problem, at least verify that all the bits and pieces are in the right places..