Canon TS 8050 Gi 53/ ink refill

juliankalmar

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Ts8050
First of all the good: You can refill the TS8050 with Gi-53 ink.

But there are two important points to be aware of.

First:
The gamut is, for whatever reason, significantly reduced compared to the original cartridges. Especially in the green area. This is surprising because I would have expected a red deficit, because the Gi-53 ink is designed for an extra red ink. Red is also reduced compared to the original cartridges, but that only matters in terms of measurements. Anyhow, you get very good results, at least as good or even better than photo lab. And in contrast to bulk ink, the prints do not fade after a few weeks. (I tried OCP, Octopus fluids and Precision colors and they all fade quickly- either in some weeks if the prints are just pinned on wall, or in about 5 Years in album- which is really bad, as creating an album is much work) Original ink doesn´t fade in album.......

Second:
Since the ink was developed for a CIS system, the consistency is a little different than that of the ink for cartridges, which means that you cannot print in quality 1 when profiling, otherwise you will get a wrong profile (greenish tinge) . This is because magenta in quality 1 in particular splashes a little into the other fields. (I also had the same problem with OCP ink. This problem does not occur with the original cartridge, so it is not due to the print head.) In normal printing with quality 1, this is not noticeable because you rarely print pure color areas

Julian

Attachments

• Gi-53 Tinte mit TS 8050.jpg
    Gi-53 Tinte mit TS 8050.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Original Tinte.jpg
    Original Tinte.jpg
    125 KB · Views: 137

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score