Canon survey

Osage

Printer Guru
Reaction score
I just received an e-mail from Canon inviting me to partisipate in a user survey.
The printers they wished to survey were---as far as I could see---all non-chipped Canon models.

I decided to partispate because my printer is nearly out of warranty and it might give me a chance to tell them what I thought about their new chipped cartridges.

Sadly, I never got to partipipate in the survey for two reasons. (1) The survey requires the user be connected to the internet via internet explorer 4 or higher-----I get my e-mail through firefox and thunderbird (2) My pixma ip4000 is connected by parallel cable and the survey requires a usb connection. ( there are also some networking restrictions to the survey and the printer must be directly connected to the computer on which the survey is taken. )

With some amount of pain I could correct both conditions but did not bother.---but it looks like the survey would upload to Canon data about printer page counts and the number of cleaning cycles used.-------plus any error codes encountered.

But I am interested in seeing if some of these nifty stuff forum readers do partisipate and get their chance to let Canon know how high volume Canon users print.

MowermanEd

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
I too was invited to participate but declined. Since my new ip5000 has been modded to print CD's (I'm in the US) I figured Canon would prevent me from ever getting any warranty work done. So why take the chance. I would like to tell them that chipping the carts sucks.