canon s9000

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
Looks like electronic problem to me, clean the contacts on the head with eraser. Then use some alcohol to clean eraser marks. You can also clean the head contacts inside printer. Also you can use alcohol to clean the timing strip in your printer (the thin clear plastic that goes from one printer side to the other near the head).

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 100s/ canon pro 9000
thanxs for the reply Smile will try that

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Still not going anything else to try please

Grandad35

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon i9900 (plus 5 spares)
Search the forum for "picket fence" and "hens teeth" (without the quotes). There have been a number of similar problems reported, but no definitive, universal answer.

As Smile already wrote, this sounds like an electrical problem. You have already done the simple things that might fix it, so you now face the question, "Do I buy a new print head, knowing that the existing head might be OK and it could be an electrical problem on the mother board?" There have also been reports of known good print heads being blown out by a bad mother board.

It's not an easy decision, as it's easy to get into a "Good money after bad" situation.

Smile

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon, Brother, HP, Ricoh etc.
You could also call your local Canon service center, this way you would avoid the risk damaging new expensive printhead. You would pay if canon fixes your printer. Demand for print head replacement to avoid unecesary diagnostic expenses etc.

Also if you refill, it’s a good idea to install OEM cartridges that have no holes in them.

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ok thanxs for the replys smile and Grandad35 tried the eraser but still no luck will keep reading to see what i can find thanxs again

sony53

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
ended up buying a new print head now it is working ok. thanxs for all the help you guys :)