Canon S9000

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
but any way it's so weird. i've try things like this on my printer.....
when i print a banner, i turn my printer off...so it's stuck...then back i turn it on...then my printer report a paper jam...then i press a resume button....and everything goes back well.....maybe just like what i've mention above that your paper feeding mechanism doing some mistake when it pull a paper so.....it report a paper jam error....instead of resume...or fix it...your printer...seems stuck with the paper lock mechanism on your paper feed mechanism....

For more detail try to take apart some old useless canon printer...( bjc2100...etc ) and you will find the paper feed mechanism....but remember since your printer is " high class " printer....i wouldn't recommend you to take it apart anyway cause i believe that there is " more than complicated " mechanism on your printer...
Just like when i take apart my hp 970cxi, i broke one of it paper feed " support ".

So becarefull

BlasterQ

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Be very careful with opening a printer.
The death of my BJC-4000 long ago was the cause of that.
I have been using that printer for almost 5 years and suddenly it stopped working. I thought there might be some paper jam or some mis-aligned gears as the printer emits a grinding sound, indicating something is stuck or the gears are not interacting with each other.
When I decided to open it, a couple of springs came out, and I never found out where it came from. That was the end of it. :(

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
I agree. I've disassembled a few different printers. Some were impossible and I had to literally saw / brake things to get them apart like my HP 500c. Others are made to be opened and worked on like my HP LaserJet 4 plus.

fotofreek

Printer Master
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
That's funny - I used to do my own car repairs and when I'd get done I'd have a few spare parts left over, too. Kidding aside, it is amazing how delicate a balance the parts in a printer present and how well they work. Doesn't take much to render them useless as well. I have had many experiences trying to do what looks like a simple disassembly or repair of something mechanical only to have to chuck the whole thing in the garbage.