Canon S9000

TomBeevers2000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi, new here :).

Having problems with our Canon S9000, it worked fine for a few months when first purchased but then failed with a "paper jam". It thinks it has a paper jam, but there is no trace of one. Is there any way to reset the whole unit, as it is now out of warrenty and we would prefer not to spend large amounts of money returning it if not nescesarry?

TIA

TomBeevers2000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Hi

I *did* try that (indeed it was my way of finding this forum) but didn't get anywhere (well, a little positive response from the lights but not much else). I'l give them another try tomorrow.

Thanks for your help

Tom

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Tom
Regarding to you problem...
there is a " out of paper " sensor in each printer...and on canon ( i think ) the machine use that ( out of paper sensor ) and the width paper counter to detect whether a paper jam does exist. at my bjc 2100 and xnu i320 i ever had like this problem...and i just slowly turn the out put paper feeder ( slooowly ) or when i had the " paper jam error " with my bjc ..... i take it a part and i turn the input paper " shaker " then all the problem
seems gone...
but if the warranty still available it's better to take it to the canon

TomBeevers2000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Tried the reset procedure again to no avail.

The current "idle" sequence on the light is Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Green, does this shed any light?

Time to rummage for the manual's light signal section see if it's in there methinks :).

Endmukbud

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
are you sure that was the paperjam error message...cause the light formation was o complicated for just a " paper jam " error "
maybe you should read the manual ......?

TomBeevers2000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Paper jam was the error when it first failed. Currently printing out the manual so I'll go and RTFM ;).

TomBeevers2000

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
According to manual the 3 yellow flashes signifies a paper jam...

tyamada

Printer Guru
Reaction score
You might want to purchase a paper path cleaner from a computer store or an office supply store. I have used it on different printers to clean the paper fibers that get caught in the feed rollers of all printers. You would be suprised how much accumulates after years of printing without any maintenance.

Nifty

Printer VIP
Administrator
Reaction score
Printer Model
CR-10, i560 ,MFC-7440N
TomBeevers2000 said:
The current "idle" sequence on the light is Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, Green, does this shed any light?
Yeah, it sheds any light... Yellow, Yellow, Yellow, and Green light to be specific. :D ;)

Seriously though Tom, that is pretty odd to have a paper jam without any paper in there. I've had paper jams on laser and other inkjet printers where at first I couldn't find the paper, but eventually found some stuck somewhere. This being said, I believe you when you say you've already looked, which is why I'm stumped.

I have no idea how they detect a paper jam. Sometimes I wonder if it is sensing problems in the feed rollers and reports this as a paper jam. Either way, with the absence of any paper, then I'd say whatever mechanism is sensing the jam is broken.

Regarding the reset procedures: When you say they didn't work, do you mean that they didn't reset the printer, or that the printer reset, but that didn't solve your problem?