Canon Pro9000 - How can I print borderless to custom paper sizes?

muzicman82

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
I print quite often on sizes that are square. Sometimes these are 5"x5" and sometimes they are larger.

The trouble is, on Canon's print driver, when you select Borderless print, it removes the Custom paper size from the paper size menu. Anyone have a way to add that back or print to any size with borderelss printing?

Currently, I print on 8.5" x 11" sheets and then crop them, but that's rather tedious. It would be MUCH simpler to get pre-cut paper and then print borderless to it.

Ideas?

pharmacist

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Epson SC-P800,WF-7840,XP-15000
Because the overspray function is physically limited to only some area's you cannot choose whatever size you want to enable the overspray function (that is: the borderless function). This is to protect your printer not becoming dirty inside and give smudges on your paper.

On way to do this is to choose a standard borderless accepting size and cropping the picture in one corner of the paper size and then print with the right size paper. The printer will think you are using a larger paper and will print accordingly, but it will spray the excess ink around it. Be careful: it can be a mess !!!

Manuchau

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Remember, borderless printing will shorten the life of your printer, or, at least, you will get the dreaded "waste" error message sooner, before you will have to take action.

For 5x5 prints, you can use 5x7 paper, then trim the print. You can print 3 pics on an 8.5 x 11, then trim. Or...you can begin crop your images, and print on 4x6 paper, which after all, is 24" square, only 1" less than a 5x5.

Best of luck.