Canon pro10s poor nozzle check result

tamasbalogh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro10s
Hello Forum,

I would have several questions regarding my canon pro-10s printhead. I haven't used the printer for months and its head got clogged.
I started unclogging the printer head by injecting cleaning fluid to ink inlet ports but I ruined inlet ports covering material.

Currently the red color is completely missing on nozzle check and there are lines on few of the other colors.

At this point I don't know the problem is that I ruined the inlet ports or there are still cloggs in printhead.

Should I try to proceed unclogging printerhead or better to buy a new head?
Can you please tell me what material is used on the inlet ports?
How important is that material for proper printing result?
Is it possible to replace that material?

Thank you in advance,
Tamas

Attachments

• qy6-0085_1.JPG
    qy6-0085_1.JPG
    82.8 KB · Views: 174
  • qy6-0085_2.JPG
    qy6-0085_2.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 166
  • qy6-0085_3.JPG
    qy6-0085_3.JPG
    83.5 KB · Views: 177
  • nozzle1.jpg
    nozzle1.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 187
  • nozzle2.jpg
    nozzle2.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 203
  • nozzle3.jpg
    nozzle3.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 186

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
As you experienced applying force is not the good method.
The PRO-10 printheads can live long if you print regularly - although one or two months wouldn't be a problem.

I had the best results with abandoned printheads by soaking in demineralized water with a drop of good hand dishwashing liquid (Fairy or Dreft in Europe - @The Hat 's recipe :)).
Since PRO-10 inks contain resins who seem to harden it makes sense. This product cleans burned pans overnight too.

tamasbalogh

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon pro10s
Thanks for the recipe.
I will test it.

Do you know anything about inlet port filter material?

PhilE

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 10
Hello Forum,

I would have several questions regarding my canon pro-10s printhead. I haven't used the printer for months and its head got clogged.
I started unclogging the printer head by injecting cleaning fluid to ink inlet ports but I ruined inlet ports covering material.

Currently the red color is completely missing on nozzle check and there are lines on few of the other colors.

At this point I don't know the problem is that I ruined the inlet ports or there are still cloggs in printhead.

Should I try to proceed unclogging printerhead or better to buy a new head?
Can you please tell me what material is used on the inlet ports?
How important is that material for proper printing result?
Is it possible to replace that material?

Thank you in advance,
Tamas
A little late in responding... I think this is a good method to clear out the clogged Pro 10 printhead / nozzles.
Although it has been said many many times, it bears repeating. DO NOT let your printer sit idle for more than a few days. NOT a few weeks. You can set up a regular printout automatically if you forget. (Q-Image is a page layout program which has a user scheduled small printout which will save you having to purchase a new print head.) Another application which does this is 'InkJetPlumber' It is mac only
From what you said,
"I started unclogging the printer head by injecting cleaning fluid to ink inlet ports but I ruined inlet ports covering material."
I don't know if you ruined the print head by doing this so good luck. The Canon Pro 10 is an exceptional printer and I hope you can save it. Even if you have to replace printhead, it is worth the expense as the replacement, the Canon Pro 300, is not so easy to refill with OEM inks (from the Pro 1) You may not know about all the details of the Pro 10 so check out Jose Rodriguez's site which has tons of info.

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
I left my PRO-10 unused and switched off 4 weeks several times and never had any problem.
Same with my PRO-9500's before.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Lucky you ..;)
When I had clogs on my Pro10 it was usually just after printing a good number of prints in a row. I guess the culprit was the non-OEM ink. Don't get me wrong, that ink is good in general but some colors, magenta and photomagenta specially, seem to be more troublesome.
These clogs have been rare, maybe three-four times since 2018, when I purchased the printer. As a rule, I print a nozzle check after a printing job, to be sure nothing is amiss.
If you believe in the saying 'better safe than sorry', try to print something at least once a week.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
A little late in responding... I think this is a good method to clear out the clogged Pro 10 printhead / nozzles.
I wouldn’t use either of these videos as a good example of good refilling practice or advice for my Pro 10 printer, it amazes me how late some of these guys come to the party and then say they are experts at refilling these carts..

This type of cart have been refilled correctly and safely for the last 12 years and there is no mystery about it, and it’s plain and simple to carry out the job without making a song and dance of it, these guys take a simple task and make it look difficult..

If you only print once a week your Pro 10 can work with that, but just remember to start each printing session with a nozzle check and your good to go, and with good observation the print head will last for years..