Canon Pro10S Error 6700

Molly2021

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10S
I moved my Canon Pro10S printer (very carefully) to place on another desk. I removed all the print cartridges prior to this. When I switched it back on again, the cart would not move and both white and orange lights are blinking in alternating mode. It came up with error 6700. From another thread I understand that this is a power supply issue, is that correct? The printer is just 2 months out of extended warranty. Was I wrong removing the ink carts prior to moving? Is there anything I can do myself to fix it? If not, can anyone in Ireland suggest whether the Cork or the Dublin service center is the better one.

Thanks for any help that can be shed on this!

Kind regards

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
You have experienced a common error with the Pro 10, it can sometimes do that, but you shouldn’t have removed the carts in the first place..

Firstly unplug the printer from the power socket and leave it to stand for 15 minutes, now there are two ways of restarting, one is just to just plug the printer back into the power supply and power on with the ON/OFF switch and wait till the printer goes quiet.

The other is the same but this time raise the top cover first before turning the printer back on again, one or both of these method should work for you…

P.S. You should try and stay away from any Service Centre, they are expensive places to visit, instead you should treat yourself with dinner out on the savings..

Molly2021

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro10S
You have experienced a common error with the Pro 10, it can sometimes do that, but you shouldn’t have removed the carts in the first place..

Firstly unplug the printer from the power socket and leave it to stand for 15 minutes, now there are two ways of restarting, one is just to just plug the printer back into the power supply and power on with the ON/OFF switch and wait till the printer goes quiet.

The other is the same but this time raise the top cover first before turning the printer back on again, one or both of these method should work for you…

P.S. You should try and stay away from any Service Centre, they are expensive places to visit, instead you should treat yourself with dinner out on the savings..
Good morning! Thank you so much for getting back to me. I switched off the printer at the socket and let it rest for quite a while yesterday and then switched it on as suggested with the hood up and voila the cart moved, the lights behind the cartridges lit up, but it kept saying the printer was offline. So I switched the printer off and plugged the USB cable in a different port and restarted the spooler. When switching on the printer the lights were blinking again as previously. I switched it off at the socket for the night and retried again this morning, but it is still blinking. Happy to drive up to the "non official" Canon service centre to spend my money there ;)

Last edited: