Canon Pro1 blinking orange and white, 16 blinks, 8 of each

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
Just wondering if this new information furthers my cause in any way.
I suspected that might be the cause because the B500 error was too erroneous and way off the mark to be genuine, the on board memory is playing funny buggers with you.

There’s two things you should never do and that is upgrade your firmware but above all never speak to Canon, when using 3rd party products and their suggestion that is was your waste ink cartridge !, O’ boy, he was really talking thought his arse.

It’s now obvious what the printer is telling you, it won’t except the chips on the 123.ink carts, so you have two ways of proceeding, one is to refill each of the OEM carts in turn from the 123.ink carts. (Complete swap of the inks)

Two, and this is the expensive way, to purchase a complete new set of OEM carts, because something has set your printer against accepting 3rd party chips, I have used 123.ink carts in the past and I know they worked for me..

O’ you could try talking to 123.ink and see what they say, they may even give you a refund or better still, exchange their carts for OEM carts as a replacement, but not for free..

*P.S. If you could find yourself a second hand Pro 10 you could save yourself an awful lot of messing around, because this printer will use your Pro 1 inks, and is easy refillable and doesn’t try to fool with you, and prints almost as good..

* You could sell the Pro 1 with the used OEM ink carts on board to someone who is looking for as many heart aches as it has given you, whatever you get for it would be a bonus, New inks cost over €200..

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
A few months ago I helped a local guy who had problems with 123ink compatible carts in his PRO-10.
He was afraid the printhead was toast.
I provided him a set of refilled OEM carts and the nozzle checks were fine again.
I told him to send the proofs to 123ink and he got a full refund.

Shovels

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Thanks everyone, I'm sending an email to 123ink. I'll let you know how I get on.

Shovels

Printing Apprentice
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro-1
Belated update, thanks to every who took the time to help me out. 123ink.ie took all the carts back, gave me credit, andI ordered Canon originals off them, which wasn't the massive financial outlay I was worried about. Printer is back working perfectly again. Have to assess my options again going forward, Canon ink is too expensive but I couldn't hack a similar breakdown again. Thanks to all.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
going forward, Canon ink is too expensive but I couldn't hack a similar breakdown again. Thanks to all.
Thank you for your feedback and great news, because the Pro 1 can be very pig-headed at times, but its good you managed to get the better of her, any luck with the Pro 10 search because that would make things a lot less stressful and costly..