CANON PRO !))

Michael Maher

Getting Fingers Dirty
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon Pro 100
This printer has an excellent "Pro" driver in addition to the standard. This has many print options for quality control. Since Apple released its latest System (Catalina) this driver will no longer operate...does anyone know if Canon plans to fix this or is there any way I can make it work like it used to. Any advice gratefully received. Mike

maximilian59

Printer Guru
Reaction score
Printer Model
Pro-1000, Pro-100s, Xp-7100
Did you already check the Canon site for a new driver? At least here in Germany there is one for Catalina. Whether it works for you I can’t tell, because I am still on Mojave.

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
Since Apple released its latest System (Catalina) this driver will no longer operate
Forum member @maximilian59 has an excellent suggestion and, sure enough, Canon Australia does have an updated driver for your printer. Unfortunately, Canon AUS hides the fact that this new driver addresses the latest Mac Catalina OS.

On the Canon USA web site you can choose and clearly see the selection for Mac Catalina v.10.15 OS. The new driver is "PRO-100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac)"

From the Canon USA web site:

Mac Driver USA.jpg

Now for the Australian Canon web site:

Mac Driver AUS.jpg

Note the same version.16.40.1.0 (Mac) on both Canon web sites.

When you click on "PRO-100S series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.40.1.0 (Mac)" you go to a new web page and there you can see it is for the Catalina OS. (Canon made the driver compatible in the preceding version.)

Bottom line, install the latest driver Ver.16.40.1.0 and you should be good to print.