Canon Pro pigment printers nearly clog proof ? I begin to differ.

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
@The Hat.
Your posts are always so encouraging...:D
Not your fault, but the fact that English is not my native language probably creates communication problems because you’ll never seem to understand exactly what I want to say.
Anyway, your assertion that “Canon will know exactly what you’ve been doing’ seems a sensationalist title for a slasher movie. What I’ve been doing with this poor QY6-0085 ?. Printing regularly, never letting it idle for more than 3 days, caring for it and using unmodified OEM cartridges. Of course they can check and see that I’ve removed the printhead twice. What about that ?. Or analyze the ink and find out that most carts contain non-OEM ink. I doubt very much that they would loose valuable time doing so and probably repair technicians can’t do it anyway. Besides, the fact that ink isn’t OEM won’t void any warranty, according to European laws.
That’s the theory. I wouldn’t be surprised if you’re right and Amazon/Canon find a way to defeat my arguments. Even if they replaced for free the current printhead with a new one, common sense tells me that I better get a spare unit.

Thanks for the info about Tasktron. I knew them but AFAIK they won’t ship outside the UK. Searching a bit more, it seems that 195 Euro at Eparts.fr is not that bad. Several other sites are even more expensive.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon/3D, CR-10, CR-10S, KP-3
@Artur5, I try to give advice to the ill informed that they could be putting their own printer in jeopardy but if they don’t wish to take that advice then that’s their own predicament.

But to infer that I have no grasp of the English language is an insult to your own intelligence, and further you certainly haven’t got a clue on how the EU law applies to goods that are wilfully damaged while still under warrantee.

I won’t say anymore to you on this subject, because it’s obvious that you are beyond help and I don't wish to continue preaching to the converted..
------------------------------
--------------------------
And please reframe from personal abuse here, because it’s totally beneath you..
Moderator...

Artur5

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
MB5150,Pro10s,i3Mk3s+,Voron2.4
Certainly nothing of what I wrote in my posts was intended in the least to offend you. If I did it unwillingly, please accept my apologies. I just meant that possibly my English isn’t good enough to convey my thoughts into the correct phrasing. Maybe I need to use more emoticons.
Yes, let’s drop this matter definitively.

Accepted....:)

Adriatix

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP 1800 MG3500
Very possibly your print head has not been clogged at all. If you have been refiling your cartridge after it has been empty, you maybe have overfilled it and and it looks like dripping a drop over print-heads nozzles

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
Very possibly your print head has not been clogged at all. If you have been refiling your cartridge after it has been empty, you maybe have overfilled it and and it looks like dripping a drop over print-heads nozzles

That's not how these printers work ;).

Adriatix

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP 1800 MG3500
It looks exactly like that. You can clearly see haw a drop is blocking nozzles from firing test pastern. The pattern is blocked in the middle. And it is dispersing from middle. If the print head has been clogged it would be clogged on random basis

palombian

Printer Master
Reaction score
Printer Model
PRO10,PRO9500II,MB5150,MG8250
It looks exactly like that. You can clearly see haw a drop is blocking nozzles from firing test pastern. The pattern is blocked in the middle. And it is dispersing from middle. If the print head has been clogged it would be clogged on random basis

Maybe you have a point.
I never saw this pattern in my nozzle checks.

These carts should be refilled using a scale, maximum weight 32-32,5 g (supposing they are physically identical to PGI-9).

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
@Adriatix, You’re a million miles away with your theory, the PGl-72 carts have a very large surface area that supplies ink to the print head and when the head gets blocked that exactly how it’s supposed to look, its not an Epson..

Adriatix

Fan of Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon iP 1800 MG3500
I think you are that one.
This is practically new print head and if the user have not used on that canal more then 100 ml of pigment ink of a good quality than it is very low probability that it is cloged
It is definitively something else.

If he has been refiling his cartridges and have overfilled it then the ink should drip some time as long it does not settle down.

Since he said that he is back in saddle after some time than this is it.

The Hat

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
If he has been refiling his cartridges and have overfilled it then the ink should drip some time as long it does not settle down.
Just for your information, these cartridges technically can’t be over filled and subsequently can’t drip either, unless they have been damaged somehow, these are not like the normal Canon cartridges... !
5128_pgi-72_sideview.jpg