Canon pro 300 issue

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
problems are above all with glossy or baryta papers. with matte papers is better.
Are these all Canon papers? If so then it will make an even stronger argument if you speak with Canon Technical Support.

jojo73

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 300
Are these all Canon papers? If so then it will make an even stronger argument if you speak with Canon Technical Support.
much better than canon paper... I use canson fine art paper...!

jojo73

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 300
IMG_6876.PNG
IMG_6875.PNG

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
We "trust but verify". It has happened that a poster's belief in a perfect nozzle check has turned out on rare occasions to be the opposite.

Not sure why you think this is a paper feed issue. I'd like to see the links where you are advised so.

The straight line, equidistant stripes of altered colors is a typical appearance of an irreparable electrical failure that I mentioned previously. Usually the fix is a new print head.

If your printer is still under warranty then call Canon Technical Support without delay. You paid for just this sort of occasion.

jojo73

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 300
We "trust but verify". It has happened that a poster's belief in a perfect nozzle check has turned out on rare occasions to be the opposite.

Not sure why you think this is a paper feed issue. I'd like to see the links where you are advised so.

The straight line, equidistant stripes of altered colors is a typical appearance of an irreparable electrical failure that I mentioned previously. Usually the fix is a new print head.

If your printer is still under warranty then call Canon Technical Support without delay. You paid for just this sort of occasion.
ok. but now I'm printing, just now, a lot of photo and they are perfect, without any stripes!! so? I've also done the counter-proof (disable unidirectional printing) and in the photos now are again perfect!! Maybe It can be that happens (the problem) after I rest my pro 300 off and I dont' print for weeks?? because if the problem is the electrical failure, all prints must have the problem, right?

jojo73

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 300
ah... another guy with same problem says on dpreview that he resolved with usb cable, because, like me, his print worked with wifi... tomorrow I'll try also with the cable (I've always used it in wifi...)

jojo73

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 300
ufff....
I've just printed this photo A3+. and once again stripes but... different stripes!!! horizontal this time.
I'm crying, I don't know what to think, what to do... this is a total different problem...!!!
IMG_6877.jpg

jojo73

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 300
It's INCREDIBLE: the same photo in a4 is perfect, I change only the paper (a3+) and in the print appear the stripes like above! INCREDIBLE!
and... if I print, always a3+, not barytha but rag photographic (matte), the photo is perfect!!

Last edited:

stratman

Printer VIP
Platinum Printer Member
Reaction score
Printer Model
Canon MB5120, Pencil
much better than canon paper... I use canson fine art paper...!
You miss the intent. Canon papers should perform without any issues other than ones caused by you. Canon does not warranty against other paper brands having problems. If Canon papers have issues with printing then the printer/print head or an improper setting is more likely the problem. For warranty service these things may matter.

I change only the paper (a3+) and in the print appear the stripes like above! INCREDIBLE!
You are now having different issues with the printer. This one with narrow linear absence of ink seems a mechanical issue. Since you use new OEM ink cartridges only, and no refilling, this is unlikely a cartridge ink flow problem. It seems an issue with mechanical movement of paper through the printer. It does not look like anything you've shown us before.

Do these white stripes happen at the beginning or end of the printing?

Is your paper curled or flat?

A dirty Timing Strip can cause vertical white lines, though these are usually solid in nature and not variable in thickness within the same line as your white lines are. I do not think this is your issue. Cleaning the Timing Strip is easy and safe as long as you don't it with bare finger or smear more foreign material on it.

https://support.usa.canon.com/kb/in...179898&cat=4259B001&actp=LIST&showDraft=false

A lot of variables happening. It might be helpful to list each paper used, its manufacturer and specific type and size, and the ICC printer profile used with a description of the problem that happens for that paper. Accurate and complete information is often best than pieces at a time.

I've always used it in wifi..
Wifi printing can be a source of printing issues, particularly with large files in fine art printing and is generally not recommended.

Connect a USB printing cable and re-try a couple of the problem scenarios to see if the issues remain.

Otherwise, recommend you call Canon Tech Support and utilize your warranty service.

jojo73

Newbie to Printing
Reaction score
Printer Model
canon pro 300
thanks...
👊🤞